+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Bates vs the Post Office

I'm guy.

Default Mr Bates vs the Post Office

I watched this series last night.

If you have the time/inclination please watch it (very well written and acted) then sign this petition:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...NqnVsH8QWVqOD8

Thanks.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Patrick.

Stripping her of a CBE is the least of what should be done.

Apparently she is a big time Christian: goodness only knows how she reconciles the teachings of Christ with her actions.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    Stripping her of a CBE is the least of what should be done.

Apparently she is a big time Christian: goodness only knows how she reconciles the teachings of Christ with her actions.
    money!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

I've been following this dreadful story for some years and the docudrama is IMO very well put together. I watched a programme about a year ago about how much the PO knew about the Fujitsu problem and from an insider at the company it seemed that they were aware for a long time. It would be good if there was corporate manslaughter charge in relation to those that took their own lives said to be 4.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I've been following this dreadful story for some years and the docudrama is IMO very well put together. I watched a programme about a year ago about how much the PO knew about the Fujitsu problem and from an insider at the company it seemed that they were aware for a long time. It would be good if there was corporate manslaughter charge in relation to those that took their own lives said to be 4.
    Quite right, I would like to see prosecutions based on the managers destroying those peoples lives for the sake of their own careers.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Dave.

Been following this for years and watching the programme now.

Why is it that people in senior positions who commit 'dubious' acts get rewarded for their actions instead of being punished ? If this was the US, Japan and numerous other countries, they would never see the light of day again.

I'm guy.

Here’s a way to avoid being in the story; become CEO of ITV

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...ost-office-itv
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Right, I started to watch this while Anita was out having a coffee morning with her friend, but had to stop at the first episode - I want her to watch this with me in it's entirety. After which I know she will also sign the online petition.

I never gave it much attention when first reported, but ITV's dramatisation really brings home the human cost of this scandal and for this they are to be applauded (though the noted absence of the then boss of the Royal Mail is curious)

Personally I don't think stripping Paula Vennells of her CBE goes nearly far enough - the evil bint and all those complicit should be tied to the back of horses and dragged through the streets. I'd pay good money to see that

Looking at the numbers signing the petition this is certainly gathering pace.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Rob.

It makes me so angry. A difficult watch!
    Rob.