+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Castle Avon Speakers

I'm Lawrence.

I've spent much of the last few days listening to these while ripping CDs and doing those little jobs you keep putting off (like making short cables to run my TakeT supertweeters).

They've not had a chance to shine as they have been in rotation in my second system, and they don't stand up well in short A/B tests. (Rather like those unassuming speakers you might reject at a short dealer demo). However now they've been in for a few days their strengths have come to the fore.

They are quite laid back tonally and have a less forward presentation but you can listen to them all day with zero fatigue. The initial feeling of a loss of detail turns into a realisation that the detail is not thrown at you but is there if you sit back, relax and listen.

If these don't sell by Tuesday I'll be keeping them a while and trying them with my valve and class A monoblocs as I think they'll really shine with those. I'm currently using a Sony ES integrated so I could free up the top shelf (where my Ming Da valve pre was sat) to listen to my Sony DD TT. I'm not sure this is ideal for the Castles either.

I'm Lawrence.

Sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12