+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: CD Sound vs Streaming

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I avoid all of that by not introducing a computer in the first place

Just three boxes, never had a better sound in here.
    I suppose it depends on your definition of a computer

By the way Martin, I may have scored a pair of Canton CT1000/2, fingers crossed it comes off.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    I suppose it depends on your definition of a computer

By the way Martin, I may have scored a pair of Canton CT1000/2, fingers crossed it comes off.
    ah the Cantons - the secret is out!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    ah the Cantons - the secret is out!
    Secret's been out since NEBO
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm James.

Great speakers Cantons, I nearly bought some of these instead of the Hecos. I believe they are the direct competitor in Germany?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Secret's been out since NEBO
    Yes, the combination of my front end/pre, Ali's Neurochrome 686 Monoblocks and Micks Canton CT1000/2 speakers, was extremely good.

I was so impressed with this set up, I ordered a pair of those Monoblocks as soon as I got back from NEBO.
    Then I scoured the world looking for a decent pair of those CT1000/2.
    Found a pair in Germany, not surprising really, as this was the home market.
    Got everything crossed now, praying that the packer/shipper I've arranged, will do a good job, as they were collection only with no boxes.

I'm James.

Yes, the combination of my front end/pre, Ali's Neurochrome 686 Monoblocks and Micks Canton CT1000/2 speakers, was extremely good.

I was so impressed with this set up, I ordered a pair of those Monoblocks as soon as I got back from NEBO.
    Got everything crossed now, praying that the packer/shipper I've arranged, will do a good job, as they were collection only with no boxes.
    Heco delivered my speakers from Germany with a special "man in a van" courier and only charged £60!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Heco delivered my speakers from Germany with a special "man in a van" courier and only charged £60!
    These speakers don't have boxes, so have to be collected, packed and shipped by the courier company, because of this it will cost many times more.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hopefully they turn up in one piece Ken. Agree that was a great sounding combo.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Hopefully they turn up in one piece Ken. Agree that was a great sounding combo.
    Just got word from the courier, the speakers are being collected and packed Friday morning.
    Its the luxury finish in piano gloss Mahogany, back in 1986 this was equivalent to 600 euro extra (if the euro had been around then).
    Just hope the courier does a good job protecting them.
    I sent pictures and sizes/weight, so they know what to expect, fingers crossed the ultra efficient Germans come through for me.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Very nice, bet they look great.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast