+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Shawnee Oklahoma I'm Jeffry Willatrd Woods

I'm Jeffry.

Default Hello from Shawnee Oklahoma I'm Jeffry Willatrd Woods

Greetings from Oklahoma fellow music lovers and audio enthusiast . I am 52 and have been an audio fanatic since before I could read.I am an audio DIY and refurbish audiophile quality 2 channel stereo gear build horn loudspeakers I have an antiques finding service for many wealthy people I fix their German and Swedish cars I sell high end stereo gear rare vinyl pop culture books Vans shoes I can build turntables from scratch I have access to a machine shop I can wind motors and transformers mill platters from aircraft aluminum or any other metals. I was raised on classic rock I got absolutely eat up the Tragically Hip in the late 1980s and followed the tour buses all over the USA(and into Canada once) from about 1995 and sold antiques and rare vinyl and other rarities of pop culture cannabis and pepper seeds that I had bred too. Lifelong NORML member I love bicycling and gardening but hate the outdoors. I am a voracious reader and usually reading 3 books at a time get bored with one put it down start back on another. I have the same Carver 6250 receiver that I got for graduation in 1990 but have JBLs Bose 501 and 301 with TAD drivers and Peerless tweeters Norman Laboratories Model 10s which I have redone the surrounds and crossovers on recently I have an ancient Technics SL-DL5 that has had the speed adjusted on by Me every 3 years or so.I use a DVD player for Cds but listen to vinyl quite a lot.I do not dig surround sound or watch movies up loud.I am thinking about building some open baffle speakers and buying a new Ortofon cart as the one I use is 30 plus years old.

I'm Charles.

Welcome,

My mother was born in Chickasha.

Charlie

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Jeffry,

Sounds like you have a busy life with the repair work, DIY and .searching out rare records.

Like you I often have more than one book on the go.

Welcome again
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Jeffry, welcome to AOS. You sound like a busy chap.

Join in the chat and have a browse around, I'm sure you'll find things to get involved with.

Some project photos would be of interest.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lloyd.

Welcome Jeffry,

We are a friendly bunch so nose about and don’t be shy of posting, looking forward to hearing more from you
    A widower finding solace in music

+ Reply to Thread