+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WBT Copper sockets

I'm Grant.

canare plugs are closest you get to 75 ohm due to there design being closer to the real mccoy of a bnc. but they are not 75 ohm. my last cables used canare..

here is a bit of info re it.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/75ohmrca.htm
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

All the Canare plugs offer is a true coaxial geometry by allowing the outer braiding of the cable to attach to the outer metalwork of the plug in a circular symmetrical fashion. The characteristic impedance remains unchanged, as that is determined by the diameter of the centre pin and of the outer shroud of the plug, as well as the dielectric constant of the support plastic within the plug.

But as is mentioned in the article, if the back of the socket is loaded with a 75 Ohm resistor, then the overall mismatch will be small because the electrical length of the mated RCA pair is short compared to the wavelength of the signal.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    All the Canare plugs offer is a true coaxial geometry by allowing the outer braiding of the cable to attach to the outer metalwork of the plug in a circular symmetrical fashion. The characteristic impedance remains unchanged, as that is determined by the diameter of the centre pin and of the outer shroud of the plug, as well as the dielectric constant of the support plastic within the plug.

But as is mentioned in the article, if the back of the socket is loaded with a 75 Ohm resistor, then the overall mismatch will be small because the electrical length of the mated RCA pair is short compared to the wavelength of the signal.
    they help by allowing a better use of cable termination afaik. still short of 75 but they measure a bit better. certainly best ive used. trouble is unless you go pro, its difficult to find gear that uses bnc.
    its very odd that they havent started adding bnc but i guess they think its not worth cost and effort.. maybe wont sell their fancy pricey cables either
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agreed they are better made, but there are other makes that offer a collet style connection to the outer braiding of the cable. I have even seen RCA 'phono' plugs where the outer braiding of the cable is crimped onto the plug.

Like you I'm surprised there has been a slow adoption of BNC connectors for digital cables. I suspect the hesitation is down to the fact that BNC connectors can have one of two characteristic impedances: 50 Ohm and 75 Ohm. The two can look similar, but with some designs it is possible to permanently damage the 75 Ohm socket if a 50 Ohm plug is mated with it. And that would be more deleterious than a simple impedance mismatch over a short elecrical length.
    Barry

I'm jamie.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    +1 for either of these. I very rarely believe the hype for most "foo" components. I have to say that I wouldn't be without my WBT silver RCA's. They have been a mainstay in my system for 10+ years, and yes I do appreciate we are asking suggestions for Cu RCA's.
    Do you think the silver WBT RCA sockets sound better than the Copper or is this difficult to assess?

Also do you think its best using copper sockets with copper plugs or silver sockets and silver plugs. Is there an issue mixing the two or am I over thinking this?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm charles.

I'm afraid I can't answer that with any confidence. I have mixed the metals before for convenience but generally try to avoid doing so, not because of a bad experience, in fact did not hear any degradation, but feel keeping to the same metal may provide a better result over the long term.

In addition to the KLE sockets also very good are Furutech and WBT which are all attempts at providing a low mass connection. I feel the superior plug among the 3 contenders is KLE which you have and seeing as they are less costly than the others I would stay with KLE married to KLE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123