+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The great sounding TANDBERG!

niklasthedolphin Guest

I would keep the 3004 too if I had one.

I think Tandberg made some of, if not, THE best gear within limited segment of Hifi.

Tandberg Tuner TPT 3001A is fighting with Day Sequerra Studio and Magnum Dynalab MD-109 to be the best ever FM tuners.

Tandberg TCD 910/911 combo is the best ever cassette recorder/player.
    TCD 910 and then 3004, 3014A, 3014 are followers next to no other cassette decks.

The Rest of Tandbergs production were from very good to average.
    Never bad and never the best.

I respect the collectors and I respect the brand.

I have the Tandberg TCD 910 and the TPT 3001A
    and would like to own the 911 and the 3004 one day when I have enough money and luck to find them.

"dolph"

I'm Rune.

It`s been some years collecting all this,but enough is enough,so now I try to keep the stuff working-mainly that is..There`s still a few donators knocing on my door now and then,and I just can`t say NO!
    You probably don`t know of all the norwegian brands..We had quite a few some years ago,but the most famus abroad was Tandberg and Radionette (the little Combi-radio-turntable is a Radionette),and maybe Edda..? They all started out as Radio-factories and developed into tv AND HI-FI as the years went by.Edda ended it`s production in the early sixties,Radionette and Tandberg became the same company in 1972,but the brandnames was kept apart still.The Tandberg company went bankrupped in 1978,an became dividet into several bits and small units as we know it today with Tandberg Data as the biggest.The Hi.Fi unit kept on through different ovners up until apx 2000,but not mutch vere produced after 1998.The latest well knovn product they made was a little amplifier called TROLL.I dont know if it was sold in Gb,but maybe some of you can help out regarding that..?
    Excuse my English,I dont use it so mutch,but I hope you get the picture.
    Rune

I'm Nick.

Rune,

I've been offered a nice condition TR 220 GC which will be useful for a while as I get my Lenco working. Have you had any experience of these units? They were at the budget end of Tandberg's lineup but the turntable was a Dual 1225, I'm not sure how these are rated by folks who've heard them though.

I like the look of the TR220 amp/receiver. It had quite classic design.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

If I remember in Angus MacKenzie's famous cassette deck comparisons of the mid to late seventiesTandberg, Nakamichi and Pioneer were always struggling for supremacy !
    Hans

MBL 1531 -> Allnic L-4000 -> Audiolab 8000S used as power amp only -> Quad 2805. Cables: Transparent Ultra

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie, and I came across this place while searching for answers on my new Tandberg model 62 (well it's new to me).

That's some collection ulfsn , well done.

Basically, my Tandberg model 62 works perfectly as far as transport & playback are concerned.

However, I tried recording a stereo track in both the Hi & low inputs, & while monitoring during recording, there is an amount of distortion on the left hand side in each case.

This is apparent during playback of these recordings also, but playback is fine pre existing recordings.

I tried cleaning the heads, but this hasn't helped, & as a novice, I'm not sure where to start trying to identify the problem. Could it be a valve problem, or is it bound to be something else?

Any advice or help that could be offered in my direction would be hugely appreciated, as I'd really love to get this sexy beast in perfect working order, for my own recordings.

Thank you so much. :-)

ps. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Maybe I should have started a new thread, but when searching on the web, google sent me straight into this one & ulfsn seems to be quite the Tandberg guy.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Reeler,

Welcome to the forum

We usually ask our new members to pop into the welcome area and say hello first before posting on the main forum but as you've done it here we'll let you off

What's your first name?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hi Marco,

My first name is Jerry. Forgive me for not saying Hi in the welcome area. As I said, I was desperately searching for info on my Tandberg, & google sent me right into this thread.

It seems like a great forum, & a great resource for everyone. On the downside, I'm a complete novice when it comes to vintage gear.

I do however, do a lot of recording in my studio here at home. I record in the digital domain, & I try to get some analogue warmth back in to my sound by putting everything through valve compressors & front ends etc.

The Tandberg62 was supposed to help me here too as I was going to bounce everything down to tape, but it's not fit to do so at the mo.

Thanks for the welcome

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Jerry. Thanks for that. If you could please add 'Jerry' as your signature underneath posts that would be great so that members can address you by your first name.

Yes Tandberg has some class gear.

You're very welcome on AOS and I hope you have fun

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Default Tandberg speakers

I have or had many Tandberg components and love most of them. I just picked up a pair of TL-5010 floor speakers and I can't find out diddly about them. Any help out there?
    Harvey

Hi ULFSN

Nice to see a Tandberg lover around!
    For your information we've been using a very special patented Tandberg configuration in some of our amplifiers (A-18 etc.). The fun is that it has the character of a tube circuit!

John
    Music is an emotional experience. Without it, living would be a dull habit...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast