+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The day - today

I'm Martin.

They just made it up as they went along. I think they've said as much since.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

One of the best tv series ever made.

It was easy to follow and work out what it was all about by the time it ended

In fact it's subject matter is very relevant today.

Great soundtrack too.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

So what was it all about then?
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Sexual abuse, incest in particular.

I'm Steve.

And what did the dancing midget have to do with the price of fish
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Sexual abuse, incest in particular.
    Not worth the wait then!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

9th April 1992 - John Major elected Prime Minister as the Conservative Party win the most votes in British electoral history.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

9 April 1626
    Francis Bacon, philosopher and statesman, died - apparently killed by a chicken. He was trying to stuff it with snow as a method of preservation, caught a chill and died.

9 April 1838
    The National Gallery in Trafalgar Square, London, opened.

9 April 1906
    Labour politician Hugh Gaitskell was born in London. As chancellor in 1951 he introduced NHS charges, causing Aneurin Bevan, minister of health, to resign.

Birthdays:
    Valerie Singleton, TV presenter, 87
    Hannah Gordon, actress, 83
    Denis Quaid, actor, 70
    Rachel Stevens, singer, 46.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Rachel Stevens, singer, 46.
    Remember her doing 'LA X' on 'Top Of The Pops', dancing about in a leotard that left nothing to the imagination.

At the end it cuts back to the presenter who says, 'One for the dads, that.'

They'll never allow them to show that again.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Remember her doing 'LA X' on 'Top Of The Pops', dancing about in a leotard that left nothing to the imagination.

At the end it cuts back to the presenter who says, 'One for the dads, that.'

They'll never allow them to show that again.
    No they probably wouldn't, but at least the presenter was telling it how it was. Probably still is really Ok there was a lot wrong with the olden days, but it's gone too far the other way now, where 'correctness' comes before honesty. And it's not like Ms Stevens and her management didn't know what they were doing

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast