+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The day - today

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    For a chain reaction?
    Don't know yet, "I'm still waiting".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

60 years ago today Radio Caroline's first transmission from a ship in the North Sea.

In 2020, a new station using the Caroline name and logo was launched in Burnham-on-Crouch, broadcasting to the Maldon district of Essex, on 94.7 FM. The station also has technical support enabling it to broadcast on DAB and DAB+ in some parts of the country. Also on the internet.

I'm now listening via Amazon's Alexa, where they were playing "Dancing in the Street" by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, and now it's "I'm Waiting for the Man" by Keith Richards(!) Not bad

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ah, Radio Caroline! It was the soundtrack to my life in the mid to late '70s.

I think the ship was called the Mia Migo, and the music the DJs played there were instrumental in forming my tastes in music.

The BBC replacement(s) were never as satisfying to my ears.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

It's definitely worth giving it a try Barry. I listened to it quite a bit today, and a good selection of tracks from Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, and importantly, no adverts and no chat Unfortunately (for you) there was also Genesis, Alice Cooper and T.Rex, but then nothing's perfect.

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It's definitely worth giving it a try Barry. I listened to it quite a bit today, and a good selection of tracks from Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, and importantly, no adverts and no chat Unfortunately (for you) there was also Genesis, Alice Cooper and T.Rex, but then nothing's perfect.
    Oh you never know, I might learn to like them.
    Barry

Also now I think about it, the ship was probably called the Mi Amigo. That would make sense.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

30th March 1867 - U.S. buys Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million (roughly 2 cents an acre). Bet they wouldn't mind getting it back.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Yes the native Americans want Manhattan back too.
    I think they are fine with returning the glass beads and the smallpox impregnated blankets.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Again my apologies for posting this a day late - but I've been up to my neck with redecorating. So without further ado:

2 April 1873
    British trains were fitted with toilets - but only in sleeper cars.

2 April 1877
    The first human cannonball act was performed at London's Amphitheatre, where acrobat Lady Zazal was shot by elastic springs into a safety net.

2 April 1982
    Argentinian forces invaded and occupied the British Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic.

And some birthdays:

Paul Gabaccini, DJ, 75 years
    Linford Christie, athlete, 64 years
    Keren Woodward, singer and founding member of Bananarama, 63 years.
    Barry

Now on this day:

3 April 1860
    Pony express service, from Missouri to Sacramento, began.

3 April 1973
    The first hand-held portable phone call was made by Motorola executive Martin Cooper in New York.

3 April 2010
    Apple released the iPad.

And some more birthdays:

Jane Goodall, conservationist, 90.

Tony Orlando, singer, 80.

Alec Baldwin, actor, 66.

Eddie Murphy, actor and comic, 63.

Leona Lewis, singer, 39.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast