+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The day - today

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have it on LP (Epic S EPC 86025). Think I picked it up cheap somewhere. Haven't played it much - it's a bit too smooth for my tastes, I prefer Beck when he is more bluesy rock 'n roll.

You may like it however, but don't be too disappointed if you are outbid.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I trust your judgement Barry. Plenty of other records and CDs out there that need buying I don't tend to be disappointed much when I don't win an auction, but often I am after I win
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I've just played side 1, and have to say I haven't changed my opinion. Will play Side 2 tomorrow, after I have cut the grass.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

That could be a good advertising slogan: "More interesting than mowing the lawn"

18 April 1985: Wham! become the first western pop act to release an album in China. And they have been exacting their revenge ever since.

18 April 1906: San Francisco earthquake and fire kills 4,000 and destroys 75% of the city.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

19 April 1587
    Sir Francis Drake sailed to Cadiz and sank the Spanish fleet, an act known as 'singeing the King of Spain's beard'.

19 April 1775
    In Lexington, the opening shot was fired - by a British General - in the American War of Independence. This was the shot 'heard around the world'.

19 April 1882
    Biologist Charles Darwin, whose theory of evolution revolutionised scientific thinking, died at the age of 73.

19 April 1987
    The Simpsons premiered as a short cartoon on the Tracy Ullman Show.

Birthdays:

Alan Price, musician, 82
    Tim Curry, actor, 78
    Ruby Wax, comedienne, 71
    Sue Barker, sports broadcaster, 68
    Kelly Holmes, athlete, 54.
    Barry

22 April 1838
    British packet steamer Sirius became the first steamship to cross the Atlantic to New York from England.

22 April 1943
    The printing of British £1,000 notes was discontinued.

22 April 1969
    Yachtsman Robin Knox-Johnson sailed into Falmouth to complete his 312-day non-stop round-the-world voyage.

Birthdays:

Jack Nicholson, actor, 87
    John Waters, film director, 78
    Peter Frampton, rock singer, 74
    Machine Gun Kelly, rapper, 34.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    22 April 1838
    British packet steamer Sirius became the first steamship to cross the Atlantic to New York from England.

22 April 1943
    The printing of British £1,000 notes was discontinued.

22 April 1969
    Yachtsman Robin Knox-Johnson sailed into Falmouth to complete his 312-day non-stop round-the-world voyage.

Birthdays:

Jack Nicholson, actor, 87
    John Waters, film director, 78
    Peter Frampton, rock singer, 74
    Machine Gun Kelly, rapper, 34.
    Happy birthday Jack!

T'other system:

A/V:

"Nic nic nic"!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Nic nic nic"!
    "Indians!"

Today 1968: Shillings and two shilling (florin iirc) coins are the first to go with decimalisation bringing us 5p and 10p coins.

Also 23 April is the national day of England, and the Feast of St. George. Not that anyone in this country is bothered about that, we're far too busy to be spending the day drinking beer.

T'other system:

A/V:

23 April 1616
    William Shakespeare died in Stratford-upon-Avon on what has traditionally been regarded as the 52nd anniversary of his birth in 1564.

23 April 1898
    Spain declared war on the US, which responded in kind two days later.

23 April 2020
    US president Donald Trump noted that researchers were looking at the effects of disinfectants on Covid-19 and wondered aloud during a White House press conference whether they could be injected into people. ( How stupid can you get? )
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast