+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Insurance

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Really sorry to hear about this Dan. You do your best to keep the things you like and mean something to you and then some scrotes do that.

My wife has one of those real old muscle cars...A Chevvy Matiz It had not had a service for some time and it cost well over the value of the car. It has only done 22,000 in 13 years. I suspect it may not be a marque desired by thieves
    I loved my first car that was a Matiz Ferried all my gear in it Big old pair of £5 Kef Kits from a car boot with ease those were they days
    Pre & Power
    QED SDR Passive
    Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Speaker Cable , Digital Coax , Interconnects
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Groneberg Quattro Reference Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's tough Dan. I had my then van broken into years ago outside my house and use a hefty steering wheel lock in my car every day now. If your Fiesta is repairable and you were keen enough, you could probably get the parts, chances are a door the right colour will be available. Not sure where you'd stand re-registering a write-off.
    Know the feeling man it did have a hefty steering lock on it they pulled that off as well Yes i thought about doing it myself and would be easy enough but again they chances of it happening again not worth the risk unfortunately
    Pre & Power
    QED SDR Passive
    Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Speaker Cable , Digital Coax , Interconnects
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Groneberg Quattro Reference Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Really sorry to hear about this Dan. You do your best to keep the things you like and mean something to you and then some scrotes do that.

My wife has one of those real old muscle cars...A Chevvy Matiz It had not had a service for some time and it cost well over the value of the car. It has only done 22,000 in 13 years. I suspect it may not be a marque desired by thieves
    When I worked for Arriva one of the drivers was a massive afficianado of American cars, since he'd lived in Canada back in the 1970s.

One day he walked in all excited and says to me 'Have you heard? Chevrolet are coming to the UK!'

I said yes I had heard, but all they were going to be selling was re-badged Daewoos.

Don't think I have ever seen anyone so disappointed.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    I loved my first car that was a Matiz Ferried all my gear in it Big old pair of £5 Kef Kits from a car boot with ease those were they days
    Well I never. In the summer I was using on many occasions it to ferry tons of wood and fence poles from the local merchants, tailgate open with a yellow HiViz wrapped around the end of the load
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Dave.

Sorry to hear this. Possibly it was a complete waste of time having insurance with that company.

However you could try writing a fairly firm letter to their customer service department pointing out the issues, and of course that you'll never recommend their services to anyone else in future.

I had a similar issue a few years ago when thieves stole my catalytic converter. The insurance company tried not to pay on the grounds that the car was now less than the cost of the new replacement part.
    In the end they agreed to pay, though sadly with Covid and the car being off the road for most of the next year, I had to scrap it anyway not too long after.

I pointed out that the services the insurance company were offering were totally inadequate for the circumstances at the time.

We needed to get the car fully loaded back up to Scotland, and a car hire replacement wouldn't have hacked it. They seem to think that a Fiat 500 is equivalent to a Toyota Prius when it comes to providing service.

No!!!!

We did get the costs covered.

Also, if you can be bothered, write to your MP, or at least say you are going to, in your letter.

They might be prepared to go a little further to avoid your bad publicity - now what did you say the name of the company was?
    Dave

I'm Lawrence.

You can sometimes get a result if you say you want to make a formal complaint as the numbers are monitored by the regulators and they often want to close them as quickly as possible. There's also the Financial ombudsman service so you should make the company aware you know you can go to them if you disagree with the company's own response. Don't be rude or threatening as it doesn't help, just make them aware you know your rights.

Ultimately if the terms were in the T&C's and made clear in the summary (this is now a regulatory requirement), and they didn't treat you unfairly there's not much you can do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12