+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Treadmills. Anybody use them?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    schools have PE and games so there's energy that could be harvested. In fact you could have them all on treadmills during the other lessons too.
    Should be on the curriculum anyway, can only be a good thing. When I was at school fat kids were something of a rarity.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Kevin.

I bet your parents did not feed you fast food and ready meals?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    dont remember them coming out until long after i left school. not that my mum would have bought them anyway. probably expensive and not a patch on homemade. they have improved tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Wimpy twice a year, my birthday and my brothers' birthday (they're twins).

KFC once a year - stop off on the way back from holiday.

Ready meals weren't invented unless you count a can of beans.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

Exactly. I am not sure that the same parenting standards are maintained for all of the new generation. Higher sugar intake in breakfast cereals etc. also has a lot to answer for. Also not forgetting when we were younger, we used to go outside to play, not sit in front of a games console.

The last time I bought my daughter a “Mickey D’s” was three years ago on the way to our holiday, as all of the restaurants in the area were full where we decided to stop for lunch. It really was the last choice. I am sure she would like more, but I prefer to make her the burgers using fresh local produce. She has never eaten a ready meal.
    Kevin

I'm Martin.

Exactly. I am not sure that the same parenting standards are maintained for all of the new generation. Higher sugar intake in breakfast cereals etc. also has a lot to answer for. Also not forgetting when we were younger, we used to go outside to play, not sit in front of a games console.

The last time I bought my daughter a “Mickey D’s” was three years ago on the way to our holiday, as all of the restaurants in the area were full where we decided to stop for lunch. It really was the last choice. I am sure she would like more, but I prefer to make her the burgers using fresh local produce. She has never eaten a ready meal.
    Good for you. Astonishes me how much Maccy D people I know's children consume - I mean multiple times a week and they don't bat an eyelid. Although in fairness they do seem to do a lot of organised sports stuff at weekends and evenings, in the summer at least. So maybe they do burn it off.

In our case it was more lack of money I think rather than our parents being concerned about health issues. But the result is the same.

Plus as you say lots of time spent running about outside since there was nothing better to do. After all there wasn't even any telly in the daytime back then unless you count 'Take The High Road' and the like.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

My daughter is pretty active with sports at the weekend, and during the week.
    France seems better set up for sports than when I was growing up in the U.K. There seems to be more facilities in the smaller villages.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Good for you. Astonishes me how much Maccy D people I know's children consume - I mean multiple times a week and they don't bat an eyelid. Although in fairness they do seem to do a lot of organised sports stuff at weekends and evenings, in the summer at least. So maybe they do burn it off.

In our case it was more lack of money I think rather than our parents being concerned about health issues. But the result is the same.

Plus as you say lots of time spent running about outside since there was nothing better to do. After all there wasn't even any telly in the daytime back then unless you count 'Take The High Road' and the like.
    whats maccy d?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

McDonald's! I take my kids there most Saturdays in the afternoon, they like it and it's good value for them to eat. They'll need something else in the evening though if they just have a happy meal.

I'm Kevin.

The problem is that the bread in the burgers is loaded with sugar (compared to normal burger bread).
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast