+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance

I'm Dan.

Default Car Insurance

Hi All

A shite couple of months after my 23 year old Ford Fiesta Ghia was broken into and stolen but recovered only fools hot wire cars with an active immobiliser but the damage was done anyway in a quandary the insurance have paid out for the car quoted £400 - the excess i only got £250 in the end speaking to them on Thursday they now want to charge a cancellation fee which is fair but also the remainder of the policy which is £235 after they have paid out for the car which means in the end i only get £15 are they allowed to do this is my question as already lost out as the car had many new parts including cam and water pump can i contest why pay the remainder for a car you no longer have? not to mention i was already skint after forking out £450 before the theft
    [B]Class A , A,B Amplification[/B\]
    Marantz PM4
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Speaker Cable , Digital Coax , Interconnects
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Nakamichi Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

I'm Grant.

thats pretty shit dan. insurance companies are crap and seem to always have the law in their side, but they are not always right, trouble is most cant afford to fight them.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

short answer probably yes they can, but check the T and C of your policy to be sure

They don't make money by paying out.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Sorry to hear about your issues Dan. I'm a bit confused though are you saying the car is a write off as a result of the theft and so you want to cancel the remainder of the term of the insurance? What did the thieving toerags do to it?

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issues Dan. I'm a bit confused though are you saying the car is a write off as a result of the theft and so you want to cancel the remainder of the term of the insurance? What did the thieving toerags do to it?
    Hi Yes its a write off after the theft as was hot wired i hope they got a nasty sting from the 12V battery only idiots would try this they did the drivers door bent it right out of shape , ignition barrel , Door Lock , Cowling yes i have cancelled the remainder of the policy but if i hadn't contacted them to cancel it would still be on going i had to do all the chasing and send everything off V5 , History and Purchase receipt just a whirlwind really i loved that motor i looked after it kept it on the road Grrrr
    Marantz PM4
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Nakamichi Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

I'm Lawrence.

I looked it up it seems it's standard that you have to pay the full year if it's written off and you've made a claim. I guess you've invoked a cancellation policy but the fee is close to the remaining pro rated premium.

There's also some admin you have to do with the DVLA or you can be fined, if you weren't already aware:

https://www.claimscore.co.uk/guides/...fter-write-off

I'm Mike.

'Don't worry, you're fully insured with us', 'I wish to make a claim'. 'what can we do not to pay this guy'?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I looked it up it seems it's standard that you have to pay the full year if it's written off and you've made a claim. I guess you've invoked a cancellation policy but the fee is close to the remaining pro rated premium.

There's also some admin you have to do with the DVLA or you can be fined, if you weren't already aware:

https://www.claimscore.co.uk/guides/...fter-write-off
    Cool - Yep have sent a letter to DVLA clarifying its now a write off
    Marantz PM4
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Rob.

Really sorry to hear about this Dan. You do your best to keep the things you like and mean something to you and then some scrotes do that.

My wife has one of those real old muscle cars...A Chevvy Matiz It had not had a service for some time and it cost well over the value of the car. It has only done 22,000 in 13 years. I suspect it may not be a marque desired by thieves
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

That's tough Dan. I had my then van broken into years ago outside my house and use a hefty steering wheel lock in my car every day now. If your Fiesta is repairable and you were keen enough, you could probably get the parts, chances are a door the right colour will be available. Not sure where you'd stand re-registering a write-off.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast