+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A list of Hi fi repairers

I'm Ian.

My two go to are Alan, Fire bottle, Wolverhampton area, and Gorden, GKShepherd in Sheffield.

I'm Don.

My 2 olde reliable first time fix merchants are David Coe AD Audio in Wimbledon. Knows all valve kit inc Audio Innovations, Radford Quad & Leak + MOSFET - Cambridge AR Armstrong etc transistor kit. Reasonable and first class.

Avoid Top Repair Man in Guildford. Very costly and very bad experience. Cost me £1k!!!!! Would rather have breakfast with the Devil.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by struth; 12-11-2023 at 17:43.

I'm Don.

As for second, Brian Limage for turntable setups, speaker renovations, foam surrounds, rewire tonearms, rebuild all SME arms etc...close tolerance engineer with patience. Very reasonable price too! Located on Lenco Heaven as Brian28

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    As for second, Brian Limage for turntable setups, speaker renovations, foam surrounds, rewire tonearms, rebuild all SME arms etc...close tolerance engineer with patience. Very reasonable price too! Located on Lenco Heaven as Brian28
    It would be better if we could have his business or e-mail address, rather than having to go through a forum, which for some would require joining.

Apart from that quibble, thanks for the contact.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    My 2 olde reliable first time fix merchants are David Coe AD Audio in Wimbledon. Knows all valve kit inc Audio Innovations, Radford Quad & Leak + MOSFET - Cambridge AR Armstrong etc transistor kit. Reasonable and first class.

Avoid Top Repair Man in Guildford. Very costly and very bad experience. Cost me £1k!!!!! Would rather have breakfast with the Devil.

i take it these are 2 different people. it read potentially otherwise when all stuck together
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm drunk.

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It would be better if we could have his business or e-mail address, rather than having to go through a forum, which for some would require joining.

Apart from that quibble, thanks for the contact.
    Use of the word quibble is a bit harsh, "a slight*objection*or criticism about a*trivial*matter" Offering a helping hand to the fraternity you believe in is not a trivial matter.....
    Here's Brian's email address
    fgmod@blueyonder.co.uk
    I won't give you his mob...best contact via email first.
    Btw. Barry, Happy new year to you and all members....

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i take it these are 2 different people. it read potentially otherwise when all stuck together
    I stand corrected....David Coe of AD Audio is valve amp supremo

Brian Limage. (fgmod@blueyonder.co.uk) is turntable setup/ speaker refurb/amp recap

Top repair man Guildford: Had a very bad experience from him. So close to taking him to small claims court, but time not on my side so left him alone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123