+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tonearm Service

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    How recent was that?

I hope Johnny is still willing to service, repair and modify other tonearms, as I would be interested in having my EMT 929 modified.

I guess the obvious answer is to phone Audio Origami to find out.
    maybe they are struggling to get parts for the other arms so sticking with what they can get. sure they will have plenty buisness
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Good point; especially with the 3000 series SME arms. With the change of ownership, SME are no longer interested in arms other than the Mk. V series.

Regarding the modification of my EMT 939, no spare or replacement parts would be needed.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

J7 passed on a recommendation and I have gone with that. All good, so far. I will report when the arm is back with me.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm openingabottleofwine.

So is J7 doing the work?
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

SME is still willing to sell spares for the 3009 / 3012 series of tonearms, expensive, but still available. I purchased stuff last month.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

No. As I said, he has told me that he is no longer working on arms other than Rega, SME and Linn.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Paul.

J7 modified my 929 many moons ago and still running well...
    EMT 930ST
    Garrard 301/3009 MK1
    Micro Seiki MR-711/MA-202L
    Stax SRA-3S MM phono amplifier
    Nagra BPSv2 phonostage
    BigBottle BB3 Phonostage
    Telefunken Bv.42-01 Transformer
    Hashimoto HM-3 Transformer
    Braun CC4 Transformer
    Ortofon Spu Synergy
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Miyajima Waza
    Denon 103SA
    Audio Technica AT33 Mono
    IFI Pro Linestage
    PYE HF12 KT66 Monoblocks
    Uchida Sun Audio SV-300BE
    Crimson Elektrik CS1500
    Quantum Electronics 202D
    Marantz 1060 Integrated
    Western Electric Line Transformer
    Yamaha CDR-HD1500
    Tannoy 15" Bespoke

I'm Carl.

Johnny seems to have gone into a partnership with another company to manufacture the Audio Origami tonearms leaving him time to pursue his original passion. To that end he has just launched J7 Rewires which looks a lot like a relaunch of the original incarnation of AO.

https://j7rewires.co.uk/

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by fordy View Post
    Johnny seems to have gone into a partnership with another company to manufacture the Audio Origami tonearms leaving him time to pursue his original passion. To that end he has just launched J7 Rewires which looks a lot like a relaunch of the original incarnation of AO.

https://j7rewires.co.uk/
    many thanks for the mention fordy

yes I still doing full range of rewires and bearing service on the most popular tonearms (rega and SME and linn etc)...gives me time to relax and love the time spent on each arm

anyone needing any help just email me from the new web site or PM me here

cheers

j7
    https://j7rewires.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out J7 Rewires

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557054222982

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12