+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannoy Berkeley with Solid State Amps

I'm Lawrence.

Any versions I've seen with the HPDs have the usual banana type sockets of the period, from the pictures I've seen the things they won't take as well as modern (bigger) sockets are spades and heavy guage bare speaker cable.

I'm Paul.

Thankyou for all the info I have decided to hold out & look for a pair of Arden or Amesbury but the info you have given me re my amps is relevant thankyou as same drivers...
    Klimax DS/3,Lp12,Keel,Aro,Radikal/1,Kandid & Tron Seven (Ultimate) Klimax Kontrol/1,Solos/1 & Akurate 242's (mark 3)

I'm mark.

If you could stand the looks, there’s a pair of DMT15’s on the bay. I’d expect them to be superb.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    If you could stand the looks, there’s a pair of DMT15’s on the bay. I’d expect them to be superb.
    Unfortunately I dont think i would get approval from the Aesthetics Board for them...Canteburys have been approved as have GRF memory & I think I would get a decent pair of Ardens through as well LOL...
    Klimax DS/3,Lp12,Keel,Aro,Radikal/1,Kandid & Tron Seven (Ultimate) Klimax Kontrol/1,Solos/1 & Akurate 242's (mark 3)

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by pidge22 View Post
    Hi all I have a real itch for a pair of Tannoys with 15" 385A drivers my only concern is my Solid State Linn Klimax Solo Monoblocks rated at 290 watts into 8 ohms.They are superb amps that i dont want to change but wanted to ask the question if they would work ok with 385A drivers & wouldn't do any damage to a driver that is rated at 85 watts.I dont play loud rock music mainly Jazz,Female Vocal & Acoustics mainly at low volums because of my tinnitus and my room isn't particularly big at 3.6m x 5m with high ceilings.thanks for any advice...
    It will be absolutely fine. I run a high powered solid state amp on y 15" Monitor Golds.... amazing! Check out my website for more information.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    It will be absolutely fine. I run a high powered solid state amp on y 15" Monitor Golds.... amazing! Check out my website for more information.
    thankyou & your website is superb...

I'm Michael.

I use a Revox B250-s which has a peak power of 160 watts driving a pair of Tannoy HPD 315 in modified Tannoy Chatsworth enclosures, maximum handling 60 watts.
    I’ve never had any issues at all. As someone said make sure the volume level is turned down at start of listening, just be sensible with listening levels.
    Mike.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by mbic View Post
    I use a Revox B250-s which has a peak power of 160 watts driving a pair of Tannoy HPD 315 in modified Tannoy Chatsworth enclosures, maximum handling 60 watts.
    I’ve never had any issues at all. As someone said make sure the volume level is turned down at start of listening, just be sensible with listening levels.
    Mike.
    Thanks for the indo Mike much appreciated...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12