+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS: Koetsu Black Goldline Cartridge

I'm Mike.

Don't know if this helps, as I had the Sugano son Goldline, not the Sugano San one advertised (eff. the same, though) and it was exc. on my SME Five (11g eff. mass; at the lowest end of the medium mass arm range). Obv., being a K, it'll prefer a heavier arm. I loved its full-blooded dynamism after my Lyra Helikon and was, for a time, slightly disappointed in its replacement, the Urushi Vermillion with a much lover output.

I'm Mike.

Thanks for that info, I did have a look around and to be honest I read said that it was good on a medium mass arm as many times as I saw a heavy arm was best, I've had it on 20g and 16.5g mass arms and both sounded great.

It's certainly beat my Hana ML that I had just before that and this is only a wee bit dearer than a used Hana ML that's £1040 retail, the Koetsu retails at over £2000.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The early wooden-bodied Koetsu cartridges were not tonearm fussy. They could be successfully used in low mass arms, such as the Breuer 5A (4g effective mass) as well as higher mass arms such as the SME V.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The early wooden-bodied Koetsu cartridges were not tonearm fussy. They could be successfully used in low mass arms, such as the Breuer 5A (4g effective mass) as well as higher mass arms such as the SME V.
    Thanks for that info.

I'm Mike.

No longer for sale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123