+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sudgen SDT-1 CD Player

I'm Geoff.

Default Sudgen SDT-1 CD Player

A rare chance to buy a lovely piece of Yorkshire engineering. I've had this for some years but I'm slimming down my collection and I'm keeping the AU51 version that matches the rest of my system.

The Sugden SDT-1 is based on the classic combo of Philips CDM9 transport and the classic TDA1541A DAC. This example is in fine condition having just had a minor repair to the audio board and once over by Pickwell Audio. Cosmetically very good with just a few tiny marks on the facia (top edge and one on the drawer aparture). The specks that my phone camera has decided to highlight on top are just dust. There are a few marks on the rest of the casing here and there.

These are a lovely warm, analogue sounding player, typical of good applications of the TDA1541A but with the usual Sugden quality on top. Please note that this example does not have an S1 variant of the DAC fitted. That's how it came to me, I swapped an S1 in to try at one point but couldn't hear any difference. The DAC is socketed so easy to change should you wish to.

Supplied with the original system remote BUT PLEASE NOTE: the remote is temperamental. It worked when I first put batteries in but now won't. The player works fine with my other Sugden remote so it's just the handset. It uses bog standard Philips codes so most Philips, Marantz, old Arcam etc etc remotes will operate it.

Collection in person only please as I have no suitable packaging for it. I'm based just outside Bicester, near Oxford.

Price is £350. I've priced it below others that I have seen for sale so I would like to see if it will make asking price before considering offers please.

Happy to demo and supply a cup of tea.

I'm Geoff.

Sensible offers now invited.

I'm Geoff.

Bump

I'm Geoff.

Back from holiday bump - £325 ono

I'm Geoff.

Still available

I'm Geoff.

Up again...

I'm Geoff.

Anybody fancy a christmas present to themselves?

I'm Geoff.

Sold

+ Reply to Thread