+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Dating over 50! Revisited...

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I suppose today's student women have got prettier - when I was in my teens most female students looked like Ginger Baker but without the beard.

But looks aren't everything when you get in from work to find your home full of them, angrily debating plastic in the ocean, your kitchen trashed and your fridge empty And don't get me started on the state of the bathroom.
    I rented a big place off a mate and let out a couple of the rooms to a couple of students I knew. I thought that most of the time they'd be at college and the rest out with their mated but I think because it was a big place with a hi-fi it turned into party central

Quite often I'd come home from a 12 hour shift to find about a dozen of them in the living room listening to young people music (usually Ozrics or The Orb), as was the style at the time.

Sometimes I had to step over a couple of unconscious ones in the hallway as I came in.

I didn't really have an issue with it and I was also able to sell them quite a lot of my cast-off equipment. My girlfriend at the time was less than happy about it though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Students? No no no... where do I start? Music tastes, reality TV shows, PMT, the issue of having children, social media, THEIR FRIENDS, their moods, your stamina...

Better to be offering an OAP discount Though them HSL recliners look bloody heavy.
    Yer, they're terrible sofas to move, full of metal.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    But I agree with Macca. You soon get used to the size of the screen. It is the same thing with UHD, HD and SHD. The novelty wears off once you start watching the film rather than looking at the picture quality.
    So the same thing as playing music through normal vs fancy DACs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213