+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating over 50! Revisited...

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Just out of interest, who thinks expensive cables are better than cheap ones?

Also I've been wondering, do better measuring DACs actually sound better?
    Now I'm thinking that is not helpful of sympathetic.

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't, but then I usually make up my own.

As to your second question - I don't know: I have only ever tried two 'stand alone' DACS. One was useless (it distorted on peaks), the second was different, but no better than the internal DAC of the CDP I was using. That said, I am still interested in using an external DAC with my Levinson 390 CD player.
    As before, not relevant. Really? Not for this bit of the forum? You are a moderator?

I'm Sandy.

Is there an issue here about a man wanting to discuss emotional stuff?? I am getting conflicting messages. Can't we keep the techy stuff in some places and other stuff somewhere else??

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    Now I'm thinking that is not helpful or sympathetic.
    Why? You appeared to be content with the replies to your original post. Lawrence asked a question, which perhaps should have been posted elsewhere, but it was posted here, and as such was given a reply.

Thread drift is not uncommon on AoS: in fact we are notorious for it.
    Last edited by Barry; 29-06-2023 at 21:55.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

As before, not relevant. Really? Not for this bit of the forum? You are a moderator?
    Yes I am a moderator.

"Not for this bit of the forum?" No one here 'owns' a thread. You asked a question and were given several replies, which may or may not have been helpful to you. What more do you want? - this is not an 'agony aunt' forum.

For my part - I see nothing wrong with anyone dating a younger partner. In my case my partner is 7 years younger than me.

Only you, or your friend, can answer whether the relationship feels 'right', we can't do it for you.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Easy to say age doesn't matter, but sometimes it does. It really depends on what each of you are wanting from your relationship, and your own personal circumstances. The main one probably being health.

BTW my partner is 11 years younger than me (54 vs. 65), but living with me has aged her to the point where she may have caught up with me
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Now I'm thinking that is not helpful of sympathetic.
    I think Lawrence was just being humorous, and not knowingly drifting the thread, hence my reply.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Lawrence.

Yes Steve said he couldn't think of something else to talk about so I picked some subjects that usually lead to heated arguments on other forums, in the hope of winding some people up, but we're too nice on here to beat each other up over an opinion on hifi. Well usually anyway.

Funnily enough my wife is 10/11 years younger than me too depending on which month it is.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Yes Steve said he couldn't think of something else to talk about so I picked some subjects that usually lead to heated arguments on other forums, in the hope of winding some people up, but we're too nice on here to beat each other up over an opinion on hifi. Well usually anyway.

Funnily enough my wife is 10/11 years younger than me too depending on which month it is.
    One decade in your favour is good, two is exceptional, three is head turning, four is sex offender territory.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

Al Pacino's just knocked up a bird 59 years younger than he is. Although in fairness he has executed a police captain in a crowded restaurant and not many of us have done that either.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast