Mission 774 Tonearm
================

For sale is this early version of a Mission 774 tonearm. It dates from 1979 and I bought it from the original owner a few years ago. It comes with a manual but no box. There are no paddles but you can make your own (dimensions on the internet somewhere) or buy repros. Silicone fluid for the damping trough is also readily available. The two bias weights are present although you might only need to use one.

There is some paint loss here and there (on the counterweight and the end of the arm tube) but otherwise it's in good condition.

I will supply some M2.5 cartridge mounting bolts if you know what length you require and let me know. Some people drill the headshell through to mount cartridges with threaded mounting holes, but this one has blind threaded holes as original.

I also have a slightly later one (which I will keep) and the main functional difference seems to be that there is slightly less adjustment margin with the earlier ones and so you have to be a little more careful with the setup. Otherwise AFAICT they perform the same.

These are great value tonearms that work well with a variety of cartridges and decks. They were often fitted to Linn LP12s with Supex MC cartridges in the 80s (after the Grace arm period and before Linn started making and selling their own arms). There are a variety of armtube and counterweight 'upgrades' available on eBay, should you wish to experiment.

I am after £200 plus postage at cost.