+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Cartridge set up is so important!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Glad to hear all the trouble was worthwhile. Now sit back, relax and enjoy the music!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Mike.

Think I got it about right.

Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm James.

Looking good.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Looking good.
    It's on a techie 1210 with original arm so can't go wrong really, haven't looked at vta yet though.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Might be a tad high at the back, but sounding pretty good, lovely bass.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post

Might be a tad high at the back, but sounding pretty good, lovely bass.
    Remember VTA, it takes 4mm increase or decrease on a 230mm arm to change it by 1 degree. A slightly raised arm should be ok, as 92degree SRA is considered the best compromise.

Best to take time with Azimuth if your arm/headshell allows you to adjust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Mike.

Quite enjoying this cart, making the Kinks less abrasive, I think so anyway...............Thought I'd try the ML version, £50 more! Still at £150 for a cart that you can change styli I'm laughing at all those MC mugs!!

I'm Mike.

Upon fixing my new VM95ml to a headshell I realised I had the wires the wrong way around on the 95en, corrected that but can't say I hear a difference, does it matter? Looking forward to trying the 95ml later once I'm home. The 95en is most impressive, and only a 100 quid!!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Upon fixing my new VM95ml to a headshell I realised I had the wires the wrong way around on the 95en, corrected that but can't say I hear a difference, does it matter? Looking forward to trying the 95ml later once I'm home. The 95en is most impressive, and only a 100 quid!!
    You’d have left out of right speaker and left out right, so transposed soundstage.

You could try swapping the wires around on each channel to hear it upside down. only joking don’t try it.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

If you transpose the 'ground' connections you can sometimes end up with a hum problem.

I found this out some forty years ago when I misinstalled an Ortofon SL15E cartridge. The 'hum' was at a low level, but shouldn't have been there at all. Correcting the headshell wiring cured the problem.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast