+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pioneer SA7800 integrated amp late 70’s vintage

I'm Mike.

Default Pioneer SA7800 integrated amp late 70’s vintage

For sale I have my Pioneer SA7800, I’ve had this for about a year now and I’m still in 2 minds if I should sell it or not, first of all I mean look at it! It’s a thing of beauty with its blue fluroscan peak power meters and solid brushed alloy face plate and switch gear. To top it off though it sounds every bit as good as it looks, I recently had it at the last NEBO ask anyone who saw and heard it what they thought.

I think it kicks out a solid 65wpc into 8ohms, but have a look online I’m sure you’ll find the manuals and marketing blurb from back in the day, it’s been recently serviced by Alan Kendal as well as having a set of more modern speaker connections fitted, I’ve kept the old ones just in case someone wants to put back to original.

online these amps go for some serious money £600 and £700 aren’t unheard of for ones in this condition, but I’ll let it go for £450 plus postage or you’re welcome to collect.

some photos…..

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

Beautiful amp, made great sounds at NEBO, even driving your KEF behemoths

Just one more thing Mike - DON'T DO IT! Your new house may have room for a top drawer vintage set up. And if it doesn't, make room
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Another one on Ebay. Looks like you have some competition Mike

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234957683...Bk9SR_6ky4WOYg

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Lawrence.

Ah but that one's been polished.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Ah but that one's been polished.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Really? I thought it was coming from Spain... and have you seen the postage costs?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Mike.

Yes they can go for a fair chunk, the ones I’ve seen actually sell go for between £500 and £600

I'm mick.

Thing is,this one can be vouched for by anyone who went to NEBO
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    Thing is,this one can be vouched for by anyone who went to NEBO
    Absolutely. And if I could justify the existence of yet anther amp in the house I'd be having this one.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Mike.

Decided to keep it, at least for the time being…………….

+ Reply to Thread