+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HS2 watch and weep

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    should this be in Abstract chat section?

Personally when i travel on German and swiss trains and see the huge investment they have made then we lag behind badly and am 100% behind HS2
    Swiss trains sure but German trains recently? All the Germans I know moan about the lack of investment and poor timekeeping and I have lost count of the number of cancellations I have experienced on the German train system in the last decade.
    Separates Systems:

(1) Antipodes CX and EX, Matrix Audio X-Saber DSD, Meridian DSP7000 active speakers;
    (2) Lumin D2, Cary CD-308 cdp, Quad 99 power amp, Horns 5degreeN*27 speakers;
    (3) Homebrew PC with Onkyo Wavio SE200 soundcard running Daphile, Quad 44 and 405.2 into Dali Zensor 1s;
    (4) Sooloos C15 plus storage, Braun A2, P1, CD3, C1 and T1 into Sonus Faber Concertos.

Integrated Home System:

Sony PS-X600, Naimnet NNT01 DAB Tuner; NS02 Server; NNP01/NNP02 room amplifiers; Netstreams switches, keypads, KEF Ci130QS/Soundlight speakers.

I'm Lawrence.

https://youtu.be/Z7W7q7pWygU

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Latest estimate for a ticket on HS2 from Manchester to London £180-£240. That's if it ever gets to Manchester.

When you reach London you won't be going to Euston but a place called Old Oak Common. Another 15 mins if your lucky. Euston is 2041-2043!!!!

So from Birmingham HS2 will take about 45 mins + another 15mins from Old Oak common. 1 change and all the agro. Estimate price -sorry can't find one as they are too frightened to tell anyone.

There is a train from Stafford to London Euston that currently takes 1 hour 16 mins. Off peak single ticket £39.40.

This is not looking good either for time saving or cost!
    Last edited by Jimbo; 30-06-2023 at 07:21.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

I think the idea is to resolve capacity problems, only so many trains you can run on the one track.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

just to try and make good on tory promises tbh. they know its nonsense but dont have guts to admit it as their right will slaughter them and demand more Boris etc... a prty that is long past their sell by tbh
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    just to try and make good on tory promises tbh. they know its nonsense but dont have guts to admit it as their right will slaughter them and demand more Boris etc... a prty that is long past their sell by tbh
    It was actually proposed in 2003 by the Labour government and the coalition government got it underway.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It was actually proposed in 2003 by the Labour government and the coalition government got it underway.
    True but it has been a Tory promise for years to extend it no matter the fact it's become a blonde elephant
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I can't see it as a vote-winner myself. I've never met anyone who's in the slightest bit keen on it.

I suppose if you live in NW London and go to Birmingham a lot it might be handy but that can't be many people.

Whatever the party in power there's always some crazy expensive public infrastructure project on the go. All that taxpayer money pouring into a big trough.

That's the real reason they're building it. Lots of pals, cronies, donors etc get to wet their beaks.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I can't see it as a vote-winner myself. I've never met anyone who's in the slightest bit keen on it.

I suppose if you live in NW London and go to Birmingham a lot it might be handy but that can't be many people.

Whatever the party in power there's always some crazy expensive public infrastructure project on the go. All that taxpayer money pouring into a big trough.

That's the real reason they're building it. Lots of pals, cronies, donors etc get to wet their beaks.
    sure they see it as a pro of brexit they are nuts you know and as you say only really interested in big troughs they can dip their hands into... the pandemic was a huge bonus to them.... bassas
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sure they see it as a pro of brexit they are nuts you know and as you say only really interested in big troughs they can dip their hands into... the pandemic was a huge bonus to them.... bassas
    what's the connection with Brexit? It was started long before that and it was always going to happen regardless of party or the EU situation.

I think that originally it was part of the EU project to connect the whole super-state with high speed rail. That's going back to the 1990s at least.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast