+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Munich High End Show

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

funny but the barman/chef in the best west said to me if the person you speak to doesnt speak some english then dont waste your time with him. he wont be worth talking to.
    Was the barman German? It sounds like the sort of thing we'd say
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Was the barman German? It sounds like the sort of thing we'd say
    yes, he was local...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I fancy a holiday taking in Hamburg and the North German coast. There used to be chap on this forum who used to post from that region with loads of great photos.

The rather cooler cloudy weather would suit me better than burning hot Mediterranean resorts. I expect this will be the case this summer!
    hamburg was a great place. berlin is too... obviously both are mostly fairly new so rds are wide and the public transport all connects smoothly. the street bars and cafes are super
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

That was the first Munich Show I’ve missed since 2008 - absolutely gutted!

Still, the 135 pages of Leo Yeh’s superb photo blog kept me going…

https://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthr...-High-End-Show
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post

Still, the 135 pages of Leo Yeh’s superb photo blog kept me going…
    I think I need the 'Executive Summary' version of the blog.

I'm James.

Stand outs from the show I feel were the Western Electric speakers and the IO Design speakers.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Having heard some last year at Cranage, I'd give a pair of the YG Acoustic speakers house room. If I had a house big enough.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm James.

Having heard some last year at Cranage, I'd give a pair of the YG Acoustic speakers house room. If I had a house big enough.
    I have listened to YG Acoustic speakers a fair bit, albeit the smaller ones and I was not impressed. KEF Blades sound way better and cost a fraction of the price.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have listened to YG Acoustic speakers a fair bit, albeit the smaller ones and I was not impressed. KEF Blades sound way better and cost a fraction of the price.
    Perhaps if I heard some in a more realistic setting I could agree with you. But the ones I heard weren't very big, and were running in a HUGE room. They looked lost, but certainly didn't sound it. But then they were being fed by about £40k of Plinius amplification, and the speakers themselves were about £28k.

But given the choice I would choose the Blades anyway. What am I saying? I can't even afford to dream about these speakers. There were Blades at last years Cranage, but the miserable git wasn't for connecting them up, too busy pushing the LS60 wireless jobbies.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm James.

Perhaps if I heard some in a more realistic setting I could agree with you. But the ones I heard weren't very big, and were running in a HUGE room. They looked lost, but certainly didn't sound it. But then they were being fed by about £40k of Plinius amplification, and the speakers themselves were about £28k.

But given the choice I would choose the Blades anyway. What am I saying? I can't even afford to dream about these speakers. There were Blades at last years Cranage, but the miserable git wasn't for connecting them up, too busy pushing the LS60 wireless jobbies.
    The YGs I heard were the Haileys (£40,000).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast