+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Innovations S500 with upgrades.

I'm Mike.

Default Audio Innovations S500 with upgrades.

I compared this over a longish period of time with an Audio Note Soro and it was just as good.

I've owned it about 3 yrs, and it's performed absolutely faultlessly. It was modified by AD Audio in West London, who serviced it and upgraded some components, I will have to check my messages to find out what work exactly was carried out, but it's the usual if you know these amps and what AD Audio does to them. Attenuator was changed, all the switches on the front were new, as are the phono sockets.

On the back is an additional power supply, inside is I think a choke upgrade (or something!!).
    Sorry for lack of detail, but as I said its as good as Soro, and very reliable.

Collection is essential really, I'm in Brighton, Sussex. But I'll consider shipping - at your risk - if it fails to sell.

The power supply on the back causes the casing to bow in a bit, but that's only cosmetic.
    It has the phono stage, which AD also upgraded.
    Please see pics for valves, I forget what they are, but the front ones were expensive, the big ones at the back were cheaper.

It cost me £700 plus spent about £500 on the upgrades, as it's collection only (for now anyway) I'll accept £925.

Last edited by Mikeandvan; 18-05-2023 at 10:28.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Philip.

Absolutely love mine.
    Well reccomended.

I'm Neil.

Mine had the same mods done by David Coe of AD Audio and the result is a peach of an amp. GLWTS.
    Neil.

I'm Mike.

Thanks for the replies, yes David has done quite a few of these, really knows his stuff.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Last bump before I bay this, will take £750.

I'm Adrian.

Somebody should snap this up quick, I have had two over the years and they are superb amps, great VFM, lovely smooth detailed sound and good bass. If I had the cash I would be on my way to Mike's.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Neil.

Given the mods this is cheap at that price.
    GLWTS
    Neil.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Volante View Post
    Given the mods this is cheap at that price.
    GLWTS
    Perhaps I dropped the price a bit dramatically, oh well.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Somebody should snap this up quick, I have had two over the years and they are superb amps, great VFM, lovely smooth detailed sound and good bass. If I had the cash I would be on my way to Mike's.
    It was definitely as good as the AN Soro, but I'm sticking with solid state now, those valves too damn fussy for me.

I'm Mike.

SOLD STP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast