+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SME Series II Improved - Detachable headshell with damping trough and spare headshell

I'm Patrick.

Default SME Series II Improved - Detachable headshell with damping trough and spare headshell

FOR SALE
    =======

SME Series II Improved - Detachable headshell with damping trough and spare headshell

This came with a Thorens TD124/II in one of those 60s consoles. The electronics had gone before it came to me. I changed the lead-out wiring using one of those kits so that it uses a standard cable (not included) but the original parts are included if you want to put it back. I used it for a while with a Decca so I bought the heavy counterweight from SME to balance it. That's available separately. I seem to remember it cost a fortune, but the way SME is going, I'm sure they are more expensive now.

There is no box or manuals, just what you see in the photos (less the fitted cartridges). It's in good condition but with the usual usage marks. There is a small graze on the (standard) counterweight, but it should all clean up quite nicely.

I'm thinking £375 with both headshells and the revised wiring, plus postage at cost. I will pack well.

I'm Edward.

Patrick

I'm interested in the heavy counterweight you mention you may wish to sell. Please send me a PM with details.

cheers
    E
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Patrick.

Edward, I will PM you later today (we are about to have the power switched off here) but I am a little worried that West Sūžsēaxe will have customs forms in a language that I won't be able to understand ;-)

I'm Edward.

Cheers Patrick

Whilst Sūžsēaxe has a proud and independent history it is fully amalgamated into the the Kingdom that apparently is now united so customs forms are not required.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Patrick.

The heavy CW has now gone, but the arm including 2 headshells is still available.

I'm gerald.

Pm sent

I'm Patrick.

Provisionally SOLD.

I'm Patrick.

SOLD. Thanks for the space Art of Sound.

+ Reply to Thread