+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad Artera Pre

I'm Ian.

Default Quad Artera Pre

I'm selling my lovely Quad Artera Pre as I'm reducing my box count and have bought an integrated amp to replace this and the Nuprime AMG STA power also listed here. I bought this ex-display amp 4 months ago and it is still in perfect condition and works flawlessly. It has both balanced and line level ins and outs and an excellent mm/mc phono stage built in.

Comes with remote, manual and original packaging. A new one will cost you £1100 but you can have this as new one for £800 to include insured posting to UK mainland. You are of course welcome to come and have a listen and collect. If you are interested in buying this and the Nuprime AMG STA together then we can discuss a discount.
    Last edited by ianlenco; 10-05-2023 at 19:33.

I'm Ian.

If anyone is wanting to pair this with my Nuprime AMG STA for a high quality system pm me. I can offer a good discount for both.

I'm Ian.

Open to offers.

I'm Paul.

Free bump!
    This is an excellent machine.
    So nicely engineered and easy to use.
    The SQ using XLR direct is a very impressive.
    I bought mine as a punt, but it outclassed a very costly unit by Edge.
    Paul
    GLWS

I'm Ian.

Thanks Paul. Price reduced to £750 inc postage.

I'm BaskingInTheTriumphOfRealityOverHope.

Another free bump... I got my Quad Artera Pre in Sep 2021 and wish I'd got it two years earlier instead of entering an expensive period of hi-fi regret trying other options. Absolutely zero regrets with the QAP. For those to whom it might be of interest, the QAP also has a more than serviceable headphone out (6.3mm) which, according to Quad, should comfortably accommodate 300ohm sets. I agree with Paul's observation of SQ - it doesn't add or take away from what's being fed into it unless you want it to (i.e. tone changes).

@Ian: thought about the Nuprime but more than happy with the current valve amp (Willsenton R8) and reserve mini-amp (Aiyima A07). Tempting though it is, I can't justify yet another amp...!
    Kevin

Main system:
    Sources: EverSolo DMP-A6; Sony UHP-H1 (disc player)
    DAC: Denafrips Pontus II
    Pre amp: Quad Artera Pre (is also the main headphone amp)
    Power amp: Willsenton R8 amp (running JJ E34Ls) / Aiyima A07 (with Sparkos SS3602 Op Amps)
    Speakers: Dynaudio Special 40s with Van Damme UP-LCOFC (4mm) cables
    InterConns: Tellurium Q Black XLR; Morrow Audio MA4 - pre 2018 (analogue RCA); Mark Grant (coax x1); Atlas (coax x1)

I'm Ian.

Thanks Kevin, the Artera works really well with the Nuprime power amp - sure you're not tempted?

I'm BaskingInTheTriumphOfRealityOverHope.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Thanks Kevin, the Artera works really well with the Nuprime power amp - sure you're not tempted?
    If I lived nearer, I'd probably be tempted to take you up on your offer to come round and have a listen. However, the travel (Gloucs / Essex) is significant and health related issues mean a trip of 150+ miles each way is not something I can easily do nowadays. So, tempting? Yes. But not realistic. Luckily (for me), the Artera works really well with the R8 and the A07 too...

Best of luck in moving it on - the QAP seems to be one of those amps that has rather unfairly fallen under the radar when it deserves much wider awareness.
    Kevin

Main system:
    Sources: EverSolo DMP-A6; Sony UHP-H1 (disc player)
    DAC: Denafrips Pontus II
    Pre amp: Quad Artera Pre (is also the main headphone amp)
    Power amp: Willsenton R8 amp (running JJ E34Ls) / Aiyima A07 (with Sparkos SS3602 Op Amps)
    Speakers: Dynaudio Special 40s with Van Damme UP-LCOFC (4mm) cables
    InterConns: Tellurium Q Black XLR; Morrow Audio MA4 - pre 2018 (analogue RCA); Mark Grant (coax x1); Atlas (coax x1)

I'm Ian.

I've now made a definite decision to reduce my box count so this is up for sale. Price is now £650 plus postage for this excellent pre amp with a very good mm/mc phono stage.

I'm Ian.

Just in case anyone thinks that white dot on the top is a mark, it's not, it's a reflection from an overhead light. The amp is in excellent condition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast