+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One for fans of Shpongle and related artists!

I'm Adrian.

Default One for fans of Shpongle and related artists!

Was notified of this last night
    Hallucinogen albums remastered

This is a re-release of the first 2 albums in a boxed set by Hallucinogen, it is the stage name of Simon Posford, it is pre Shpongle and led to the forming of them.

Discogs:- "His first studio album, Twisted, released in 1995, is considered one of the most influential albums in the genre. In particular, the first track, "LSD", which remains the defining sound of Goa trance to this day.”

I think he and Raja Ram may have first met in Goa in that period, and went on to form Shpongle, but I may be wrong.

I obviocsly have my pre-order in.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Josie.

Hi Adrian.

We seem to be in a minority.

Yep, I bought a deluxe copy of this... Amazing albums. Dated a little but still gets ya booty movin'...

I bought them all back in the day. They certainly deserve a nice repressing.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi Adrian.

We seem to be in a minority.

Yep, I bought a deluxe copy of this... Amazing albums. Dated a little but still gets ya booty movin'...

I bought them all back in the day. They certainly deserve a nice repressing.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    I came to them late in the day, only about 4 years ago, I’m 65 this year and my friends and relatives think some of my music choice is odd, but a few have listened to Shpongle and have gone on to buy some of there’s. So good music will win irrespective of age.

I love listening to Shpongle or Ott, the mix of style a variety of rhythms, and great construction just draws you in IMO.

Looking forward to a Younger Brother album arriving this week.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread