+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Speaker suggestions

I'm steven.

Looking at positioning speakers approx 2ft away from wall may consider floorstanders but not some big ugly mothers had a pair like that beautiful sound but my god no waf factor

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Looking at positioning speakers approx 2ft away from wall may consider floorstanders but not some big ugly mothers had a pair like that beautiful sound but my god no waf factor
    put a couple of panels up on the walls first reflection points it will do the job.

Aesthetics are a bit difficult since one man's meat etc...Those Missions James linked to look good, can't find any measured performance but Mission is all Peter Comeau designs now so should be competent - if you like the styling. And there's no worries over your amp being able to handle them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Bowers & Wilkins 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
    Bookshelf Speakers

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm steven.

Those b&w get good reviews grant just a thought listen to alot of electronica like the orb and underworld had a pair of beauhorn b2 my god they were an eyefull horn speakers thin bass
    Last edited by vinyljunky; 21-05-2023 at 14:52.

I'm Grant.

i know nowt re electronica alas steven... but they might do you. certainly have waf as the come in 3 colours
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

of course you could sell amp and go active.. even more waf
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm steven.

Wish our lass would go active lol never heard a pair of active speakers always thought they would be a compromise

I'm Geoff.

I have the Concept 20s and they are very good. These are a real bargain though.

https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision....BoC1DMQAvD_BwE

I'm stuart.

That is a large room and feel that you are limiting yourself by going for stand mount speakers. Including floor standers and panels opens up a huge range that could work for you. My favourites are Apogee and magnepan, which would work beautifully in that size room and a Krell powering them.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartm1962 View Post
    That is a large room and feel that you are limiting yourself by going for stand mount speakers. Including floor standers and panels opens up a huge range that could work for you. My favourites are Apogee and magnepan, which would work beautifully in that size room and a Krell powering them.
    For £500?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast