+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For May!

I'm Dave.

Quiet so far, with some sun. Supposed to get warmer with sun later on - hitting 20C.

Question - do I go out somewhere to enjoy it, or stay and do boring things like mowing the lawn?
    The sun - if it happens - is likely to bring on the grass more - as the ground has obviously received enough watering to encourage it.

Sunny days are rare enough that this is a dilemma to think about. Otherwise it wouldn't matter so much!

Oh to be back in California, where one could actually plan outdoor events weeks in advance - though it did get rather hot.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Quiet so far, with some sun. Supposed to get warmer with sun later on - hitting 20C.

Question - do I go out somewhere to enjoy it, or stay and do boring things like mowing the lawn?
    The sun - if it happens - is likely to bring on the grass more - as the ground has obviously received enough watering to encourage it.

Sunny days are rare enough that this is a dilemma to think about. Otherwise it wouldn't matter so much!

Oh to be back in California, where one could actually plan outdoor events weeks in advance - though it did get rather hot.
    dont get great weather that often so go for it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

13c and dry so far today
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    dont get great weather that often so go for it
    Go for what? There's a choice. However have been pottering round in the garden, and will probably go out in a while for more supplies, then return for afternoon tea in the garden. If there were more days like this I could allocate a few for garden jobs, some for lazing around, and some for going out.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Well it's stayed dull, but crept up to 15C. The wind makes it feel chilly though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

was nice and warm here. 18c and a bit of sun. warmest of year so far
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

10C, more gloom.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Dull and boring so far - around 12-13C. Yesterday was quite warm and sunny at times - perhaps a big muggy, but better than today.

I'm getting really fed up of this boring weather. I'd certainly think about moving if I could, but where to? The weather seems stuffed in most places, one way or another!
    Dave

I'm Grant.

about 12c here too and grey
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

11c and wet this morning, no great surprise as its Highland Games day.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast