+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 13 Synthonia.

I'm Grant.

is this alchris speakers ?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Yes I said Kralk but I meant Alchris.

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    we can pretend we're American audiophiles with their massive rooms.

Bloke on another forum says needs speakers for a big room. Posts picture of room and it's beyond a joke. I've been in cathedrals that were smaller.
    I looked at that last night - yes indeed, quite a room, wonder what the rest of the house is like.

For a bit of fun I thought I'd ask ChatGPT how the LX521s would fare in the room at the cricket club. I'd already asked it about the speakers and it gave a 100% accurate account of how they worked, that they were active dipoles etc, etc so that was quite impressive.

Here's the answer it gave regarding use in that room:

"The Linkwitz LX521 loudspeaker is designed to work well in a wide range of room sizes, including larger rooms like the one you've described. However, the performance of the speakers will depend on a variety of factors, including the layout and acoustics of the room, the placement of the speakers, and the specific equipment being used to power the speakers.

In a room as large as 375 cubic meters, it's possible that the speakers may struggle to fill the space with sound, especially if the ceilings are high or the room has an open layout. To compensate for this, it may be necessary to add additional speakers or use a more powerful amplifier to drive the speakers."

Well, not bad, but the suggestion to use a more powerful amp tells me that it doesn't really understand that the LX521 will actually be limited by cone excursion in that room, way before amplifier clipping. It only takes about 100 watts at 30Hz to push those bass drivers to maximum excursion (56mm) even though the drivers themselves have ratings of 250 watts continuous and 500 watts peak.

Anyway, in that room we have a blank canvas to work with so there's the potential to make it work really well as long as we don't expect high SPLs sitting 10 metres away. At home I'm usually complaining about sidewalls that are too close, can't get the speakers far enough apart etc, so no excuses on that front with this room!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfway Tree View Post
    I looked at that last night - yes indeed, quite a room, wonder what the rest of the house is like.

For a bit of fun I thought I'd ask ChatGPT how the LX521s would fare in the room at the cricket club. I'd already asked it about the speakers and it gave a 100% accurate account of how they worked, that they were active dipoles etc, etc so that was quite impressive.

Here's the answer it gave regarding use in that room:

"The Linkwitz LX521 loudspeaker is designed to work well in a wide range of room sizes, including larger rooms like the one you've described. However, the performance of the speakers will depend on a variety of factors, including the layout and acoustics of the room, the placement of the speakers, and the specific equipment being used to power the speakers.

In a room as large as 375 cubic meters, it's possible that the speakers may struggle to fill the space with sound, especially if the ceilings are high or the room has an open layout. To compensate for this, it may be necessary to add additional speakers or use a more powerful amplifier to drive the speakers."

Well, not bad, but the suggestion to use a more powerful amp tells me that it doesn't really understand that the LX521 will actually be limited by cone excursion in that room, way before amplifier clipping. It only takes about 100 watts at 30Hz to push those bass drivers to maximum excursion (56mm) even though the drivers themselves have ratings of 250 watts continuous and 500 watts peak.

Anyway, in that room we have a blank canvas to work with so there's the potential to make it work really well as long as we don't expect high SPLs sitting 10 metres away. At home I'm usually complaining about sidewalls that are too close, can't get the speakers far enough apart etc, so no excuses on that front with this room!
    That ChatGP is just a glorified search engine dunno what all the fuss is about.

I'm looking forward to hearing the LX521s again.

I don't think there will be a problem with SPL unless the room is packed with people. Might be a good idea if everyone brings a blanket or a rug along so we can damp things down a bit if needed.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That ChatGP is just a glorified search engine dunno what all the fuss is about.

I'm looking forward to hearing the LX521s again.

I don't think there will be a problem with SPL unless the room is packed with people. Might be a good idea if everyone brings a blanket or a rug along so we can damp things down a bit if needed.
    Indeed, we need to get inventive. We've been here before. once at the airport hotel and also at The Wellington pub. We will sort the room. Its a great space for us to work with.

I'm Lawrence.

I've just got an email from LNER saying their are strikes on the Friday and Saturday which is when I was coming up. Not looking good as they've withdrawn ticket sales on those days. I'll update when I hear more.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I've just got an email from LNER saying their are strikes on the Friday and Saturday which is when I was coming up. Not looking good as they've withdrawn ticket sales on those days. I'll update when I hear more.
    I thought you were organising lift with Mik Rik? Are you now travelling from south?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Lawrence.

Yes getting a lift on the day, but I need to come up from London on Friday to get there.
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 03-05-2023 at 16:05.

I'm Steve.

Megabus! But you'd probably have to set off Wednesday to get there on time
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

I'm afraid my sympathy for train drivers left me a while back. Very sad to hear this Lawrence. The bus is an option but it would spoil the day for you methinks. Its a good six hours on the National Express.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast