+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 13 Synthonia.

I'm Steve.

A quick update gentlemen. I visited the Synthonia cricket club on 29:04:2023. I met with Norma who is the link person for the hiring of the room and facilities. I was joined by fellow Neboite Gordon Halftree to give a second opinion on the room. We both agreed that although it is on the large side we can work with it. The cricket club fulfils 80%-90% of our criteria which is more than we can expect given the short notice of having to find a new venue.
    The Synthonia club like our previous venue doesn’t provide food so I intend to visit the surrounding area seek out food options like Pizza delivery, food shops, cafe’s etc. Norma has no problem with us taking in our own food. There looked to be a reasonable choice of ale and booze. Pumps for John Smiths, Bier Morreti, Strongbow cider (original and dark fruit) are available. We didn’t sample them on this occasion but the bars look well kept. Indeed, the club looks very well kept in general and well situated for music reproduction.
    The car park will be locked overnight and Norma said she is willing to come in on Sunday morning to open the room to enable us to remove equipment left overnight. A very kind thing to do methinks. For those staying overnight in motorhomes there is limited space just outside the gates. For those wishing to leave their vehicles overnight the car park is monitored with CCTV hence those with motorhomes being asked to park off site as any movements may trigger alarms. Please keep your eyes peeled here for further updates.

Steve
    Last edited by Floyddroid; 30-04-2023 at 10:13.

I'm Steve.

That's a big space! Plenty of room for dancing
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Ken.

Better pack my Cuban heals.

I'm Ken.

So..........

I will be bringing a file based system built around:

Okto DAC8 stereo DAC/Streamer
    Schiit Freya+ Pre Amp
    Event Opal Active speakers

I will also bring an LDA MCA3 Hybrid valve phono stage.

I'm Gordon.

I'll be bringing the LX521s as mentioned before together with a small fanless PC, 8 channel Okto DAC and Apollon Audio NCore 8 channel amp. I'll also bring the analogue x-over for the LX521s so a 2 channel DAC w/vol control, pre-amp, phono/TT etc can be run through the system.

As Steve mentioned the room is big, but should be OK hopefully. We'll just have to sit closer to the speakers if necessary. I didn't measure it accurately, but it's approx 10m by 15m. Steve's picture is looking across the 10m width.

The car park is right next to the function room so loading/unloading should be straightforward.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfway Tree View Post
    As Steve mentioned the room is big, but should be OK hopefully. We'll just have to sit closer to the speakers if necessary. I didn't measure it accurately, but it's approx 10m by 15m. Steve's picture is looking across the 10m width.
    we can pretend we're American audiophiles with their massive rooms.

Bloke on another forum says needs speakers for a big room. Posts picture of room and it's beyond a joke. I've been in cathedrals that were smaller.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I am seriously thinking of taking my Progmeister specials (Speakers) depending on my son wwho will need to help me get them there and back.
    Are they the Kralk ones? I'd like to hear those.

I'm Martin.

me too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Are they the Kralk ones? I'd like to hear those.
    Alan built mine to order based on his V200 design.

I'm Alun.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Alan built mine to order based on his V200 design.
    Those V200's are very big speakers, I have the burr oak AR10's shown on Alan's website which look tiny next to the V200's. I will definitely look forward to hearing the Progmeister specials if you take them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast