+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vinyl tube hifi shop

I'm paul.

Default Vinyl tube hifi shop

Reading Colin Wonfor’s thread about his friend Howard and that he had a shop in Camden, made me think about a hifi shop north of Kentish Town, Fortess road I think. When I lived in Highgate I used to pass by but with young children and no spare rooms I avoided hifi. I seem to remember it being quality kit. Does anyone remember it. Was around 1985
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Peter.

Paul,

I lived in Dartmouth Park from 1988 to 1991 and must have trawled up and down Fortess Road at least weekly. I simply don’t recall that shop. Where do you remember it being? At the Tufnell Park end or down by the Greek tailor and Kentish Town fire station.

Peter
    Separates Systems:

(1) Antipodes CX and EX, Matrix Audio X-Saber DSD, Meridian DSP7000 active speakers;
    (2) Lumin D2, Cary CD-308 cdp, Quad 99 power amp, Horns 5degreeN*27 speakers;
    (3) Homebrew PC with Onkyo Wavio SE200 soundcard running Daphile, Quad 44 and 405.2 into Dali Zensor 1s;
    (4) Sooloos C15 plus storage, Braun A2, P1, CD3, C1 and T1 into Sonus Faber Concertos.

Integrated Home System:

Sony PS-X600, Naimnet NNT01 DAB Tuner; NS02 Server; NNP01/NNP02 room amplifiers; Netstreams switches, keypads, KEF Ci130QS/Soundlight speakers.

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Reading Colin Wonfor’s thread about his friend Howard and that he had a shop in Camden, made me think about a hifi shop north of Kentish Town, Fortess road I think. When I lived in Highgate I used to pass by but with young children and no spare rooms I avoided hifi. I seem to remember it being quality kit. Does anyone remember it. Was around 1985
    You had (might be still there) Bartlett's at Holloway Road, Graham's hifi in Highbury, and the famous one in Bell St. Edgware Road...you might be thinking of a cash converter type shop at the fork north of Kentish Town Road?

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    You had (might be still there) Bartlett's at Holloway Road, Graham's hifi in Highbury, and the famous one in Bell St. Edgware Road...you might be thinking of a cash converter type shop at the fork north of Kentish Town Road?

Quality kit?

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Kember View Post
    Paul,

I lived in Dartmouth Park from 1988 to 1991 and must have trawled up and down Fortess Road at least weekly. I simply don’t recall that shop. Where do you remember it being? At the Tufnell Park end or down by the Greek tailor and Kentish Town fire station.

Peter
    thinking about it and looking at the map probably Tufnell Park end.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post

certainly not a cash converter type place

+ Reply to Thread