+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denafrips Firmware Upgrade

I'm Jerry.

After a lot of faffing and help from my son, I got the firmware update installed. My SBT found the new USB app and I was able to listen on USB for the first time.
    Of course, this was a bad decision. I shouldn't have tried two things at the same time. At the moment my system is lacking top end sparkle but the bass seems a little better. At the weekend I will revert to coaxial (I have a very good cable) and see if the cheapish USB cable is the problem.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    After a lot of faffing and help from my son, I got the firmware update installed. My SBT found the new USB app and I was able to listen on USB for the first time.
    Of course, this was a bad decision. I shouldn't have tried two things at the same time. At the moment my system is lacking top end sparkle but the bass seems a little better. At the weekend I will revert to coaxial (I have a very good cable) and see if the cheapish USB cable is the problem.
    And...?
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Source: Audiolab 6000CDT > Calyx 24/192 DAC
    Amplification: Pass-design B1rev2 pre-amplifier > Neurochrome Modulus 686.
    Loudspeakers: Proac Response 1SC
    Cables/stands: spkr: MIT MH-750 biwire; IC: HT Truthlink; Target stands, sand-filled; Excel Cat6A 23AWG UFTP & 1attack.de Cat.7 SFTP.
    Other: Balanced AC transformer to hydra mains distr; Bass traps & Acoustic panels; Isolation: Inner tube & roller bearings; 3xZyxel ES104A switches in series w/Vreg upgrades.

I'm Jerry.

Well, I haven't changed back to coaxial. Done a bit of tweaking with the settings on my SB Touch and I like the quality which in most ways is better than before. I would still like a bit more top end but its not far off. Not going to be hasty and see how it all settles in.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12