+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magnepan .7 Magneplanar speakers

I'm Bruce.

Default FS: Magnepan .7 Magneplanar speakers

Magnepan .7 speakers

I chose these over the LRS because listeners noted the mid and upper bass has more body and weight to it which shows up in well recorded piano or loud complex music.
    These are in great condition, though have slight marks at the bottom of the trim strip and wear at the bottom of the sock. See photos. Not visible unless your head is down there to have a close look. The sock faces and backs are perfect.
    Included:
    • Upgraded standard format binding posts, better quality, more durable, CMC copper.
    • High quality jumpers as supplied by Magna Riser.
    • Upgraded crossover resistors to Mills.
    • Can send with standard wiring config or with tweeter fuse bypassed (if your amplifier is up to it)
    • Stock legs
    • Magnepan manual
    • Original box
    Whilst the photos show them vertically upright, they are being offered here with the stock legs (not pictured) which have a slight back angle. See also my other add for the Magna Risers MK7 Multiriser legs.
    Offered here for £1100 + £100 shipping or can collect from Bradford, West Yorkshire… or I can drive a little depending on location.

Magnepan .7 by Bruce Warren, on Flickr
    Magnepan .7 2 by Bruce Warren, on Flickr
    Magnepan .7 trim by Bruce Warren, on Flickr
    Magnepan .7 bk by Bruce Warren, on Flickr
    Magnepan .7 bk 2 by Bruce Warren, on Flickr
    Magnepan .7 trim 2 by Bruce Warren, on Flickr
    Magnepan .7 trim 3 by Bruce Warren, on Flickr
    Magnepan .7 trim 4 by Bruce Warren, on Flickr
    Last edited by brucew268; 18-03-2023 at 16:46.
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Source: Audiolab 6000CDT > Calyx 24/192 DAC
    Amplification: Pass-design B1rev2 pre-amplifier > Neurochrome Modulus 686.
    Loudspeakers: Proac Response 1SC
    Cables/stands: spkr: MIT MH-750 biwire; IC: HT Truthlink; Target stands, sand-filled; Excel Cat6A 23AWG UFTP & 1attack.de Cat.7 SFTP.
    Other: Balanced AC transformer to hydra mains distr; Bass traps & Acoustic panels; Isolation: Inner tube & roller bearings; 3xZyxel ES104A switches in series w/Vreg upgrades.

I'm Bruce.

bump
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Cables/stands: spkr: MIT MH-750 biwire; IC: HT Truthlink; Target stands, sand-filled; Excel Cat6A 23AWG UFTP & 1attack.de Cat.7 SFTP.
    Other: Balanced AC transformer to hydra mains distr; Bass traps & Acoustic panels; Isolation: Inner tube & roller bearings; 3xZyxel ES104A switches in series w/Vreg upgrades.

I'm Greg.

Nice.
    Pity I am on low power class A amps only.

I'm Bruce.

Sale pending
    Bruce

I'm Bruce.

SOLD!
    Bruce

I'm Geoff.

Bruce,

I a m surprised they took over a month to sell.

I would have thought they sounded great with your NEUROCHROME amp.

I'm Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Bruce,

I a m surprised they took over a month to sell.

I would have thought they sounded great with your NEUROCHROME amp.
    Hi Geoff, good to hear from you! They worked very well with the Neurochrome but I was having problems getting them to interact with my lounge as desired. Curiously, when Christmas tree and decorations went up I moved the HiFi to my home office but had put the Maggies back in the box by then. Just this week after we'd agreed the sale, I set them up in the office so the buyer could have a listen when he came for pickup and found they worked great in this room! But I'd already agreed the sale. Ah well. They're gone now.
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread