+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: Rega tt spindle plastic knob

I'm Paul.

Question WTD: Rega tt spindle plastic knob

Looking for a replacement part for Rega P2:
    thought I'll ask here if someone has one spare before attempting to glue it back together.

Many thanks, Paul

I'm Geoff.

Looks to me as if it's an integral part of the sub-platter moulding. You may be able to glue it back, but otherwise a replacement sub-platter may be needed.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Looks to me as if it's an integral part of the sub-platter moulding. You may be able to glue it back, but otherwise a replacement sub-platter may be needed.
    I had a look at few forums a someone had that piece as a spare, as the plastic thing is only pressure fit or glued on. I think rega only supplies the full HUB BEARING ASSEMBLY at 25gbp which isnt the end of the world, but it seems like a waste of perfectly good subplatter.

I'm Paul.

If someone has the subplatter instead, i would be also interested.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It is, it's a one piece moulding.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Ron.

Such a clean break lends itself to an attempt to glue the cap back on. I would certainly try superglue (it is thin so doesn't displace the part being glued back) or possibly epoxy used sparingly. Put the subplatter back in the bearing so you can spin it to check the cap is perfectly centred and vertical.
    Ron

Main: Michell Tecnodec Rega RB600/Tecno bits, Ortofon 530MkII, Beard P100 phono, Naim Uniti Atom, ProAc D20R

Study: JBL L52 Classic, Bluesound Powernode 3, Technics SL-1210GR Denon 110, Project Tube Box S2 phono stage

Other stuff: Technics SL1200 Mk2, Dali Spektor 1, Pro-ject MAIA S3 etc.

I'm gerald.

I have one if interested ..

+ Reply to Thread