+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: very good MM cartridge recommendations

I'm Mark.

Jasmine Audio Moving Magnet Cartridges.

These are worth checking out from a performance per pound point of view I doubt you will find anything better.

https://www.iota-audio-design.com/io...-jasmine-audio

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    450 notes for the 2500, bloody rip off.
    Mike have you heard one? Relatively speaking they are/were not that expensive and actually are extremely good.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm shahrin.

Does anyone here have the Jasmine M2 (as above) or heard one ?
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm Jason.

I would recommend (as I have one) a RigB modded AT540ML. Superb performance and unlike someone else's experience I find it a very quiet cart. It really is great VFM and runs my AT33PTG MC surprisingly close. The chaps that make the RigB body will sell you a complete cart ready modded for a good price (mine cost less than some people charge for the standard 540ML).
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Zander.

I listened to a Ortofon 2m LVB on Wednesday. I like that cartridge. That is my Recommendation for MM.

I'm gerald.

I would recommend (as I have one) a RigB modded AT540ML. Superb performance and unlike someone else's experience I find it a very quiet cart. It really is great VFM and runs my AT33PTG MC surprisingly close. The chaps that make the RigB body will sell you a complete cart ready modded for a good price (mine cost less than some people charge for the standard 540ML).
    I also have the ATVM540ML with the RigB mod and love mine .
    It takes it into VM740ML spec but better and in time you change then to get any of the following Conical, Elliptical, Line Contact MicroLine and a Paratrace.

I'm gerald.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    450 notes for the 2500, bloody rip off. The At 540ml is rather good, lots of fine detail retrieval, but does pick up a lot of surface noise, and retails around £200. Mine is buggered, and I won't be buying another because of all the bloody surface noise!!
    Are you looking to get rid of AT540ML ?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi View Post
    I listened to a Ortofon 2m LVB on Wednesday. I like that cartridge. That is my Recommendation for MM.
    Where does the extra 200 quid go? Is it the boron cantilever? Have you heard it against the standard 2MB?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Where does the extra 200 quid go? Is it the boron cantilever? Have you heard it against the standard 2MB?
    and I quote the Ortofon blurb:-

"The 2M Black LVB 250 uses a Nude Shibata diamond on a Boron cantilever, the combination known from the acclaimed MC Cadenza Black cartridge. The use of an extremely stiff and lightweight Boron cantilever adds remarkable transparency, speed and responsiveness. The Nude Shibata stylus’ slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the highest frequencies. "

So it must be worth £999
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm jamie.

i really enjoyed my 2m black when i had it,id be intersted in the new lvb model but id like to hear it first back to back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast