+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: very good MM cartridge recommendations

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    and I quote the Ortofon blurb:-

"The 2M Black LVB 250 uses a Nude Shibata diamond on a Boron cantilever, the combination known from the acclaimed MC Cadenza Black cartridge. The use of an extremely stiff and lightweight Boron cantilever adds remarkable transparency, speed and responsiveness. The Nude Shibata stylus’ slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the highest frequencies. "

So it must be worth £999
    Thousand quid? That sounds like a big price hike for a boron cantilever upgrade... Many moons ago I had a Nagaoka MP11 Boron cart, think it was only a tenner or so more than the standard MP11 iirc.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Kevin.

I paid just over €100 for a Super Shibata/beryllium rod last year. It fits my AT20SLa nicely.
    Then you have the Jico SAS/B for sensible money.

So why does a 2MB LVB cost so much?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I paid just over €100 for a Super Shibata/beryllium rod last year. It fits my AT20SLa nicely.
    Then you have the Jico SAS/B for sensible money.

So why does a 2MB LVB cost so much?
    I pondered that too. Not sure if the Boron 2M Black would be my cup of tea as it could tip it over the edge, after all the 2M with aluminium cantilever is "vivid" enough.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm jamie.

well to update this thread i've just bought a EEI-700 cartridge ,Boron cantilever and Shibata Stylus.
    we shall see how it performs.

I'm James.

Looks interesting. Blast from the past?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Dave.

Back in the day when Max Townshend first imported the EEI range he was having trouble selling them despite rave reviews in the mags. I believe the retail then was £49 for the EEI 500, I suggested he try £84 and they sold like hot cakes. At the lower price they weren't taken seriously but they were still well worth the higher price.

I'm James.

Wouldn't mind trying one.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Thousand quid? That sounds like a big price hike for a boron cantilever upgrade... Many moons ago I had a Nagaoka MP11 Boron cart, think it was only a tenner or so more than the standard MP11 iirc.
    What makes a £1000 cart cost so much more to produce than a £10 cart? Marketing costs?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Impressed with the AT 540ml (RigB rebody), I read on the Steve Hoffman forum that the AT95 EN was a good easy going cart, so I got one, a 100 notes. Hopefully will get around to fitting it later.

Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm James.

Micro Line should be detailed but quiet in the groove. Will be interested in your thoughts on this cartridge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast