+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Occasional hum

I'm Kevin.

I have found my feet. The AG1500 can stay.
    With the phono stage, pre and headphone amp running, it is at 0% load, apparently.
    The fans are silent. I have no hum.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have found my feet. The AG1500 can stay.
    With the phono stage, pre and headphone amp running, it is at 0% load, apparently.
    The fans are silent. I have no hum.
    i always used mine on its side as the display rotated. it was at side tho and never fell over
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Is the software worth installing on my PC?
    I never did, so I am wondering if it adds any benefit.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

I may have finally fixed this issue.

If I hear no buzz in my listening session tonight, I will update this post.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I may have finally fixed this issue.

If I hear no buzz in my listening session tonight, I will update this post.
    be good to hear what it was
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

I didn’t update the post. It came back, which makes me think it is something external to the house causing the problem.
    The AG1500 fixes it, but that is noisy, so I am going to make a temporary mains filter to see if that will do the job, before I invest more money chasing this noise.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

Has anybody tried one of these? https://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-a...mbled-in-case/

This may be what I need for the “buzz”.

That or an isolation transformer?
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

The family has gone out. I am alone.
    I have plugged the UPS back in with the power amp fed from the mains.
    It sounds fine, but there is a buzz.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

might need to try and emulate house power usage that would be typical in evening.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

It buzzed not matter what time of day it is, so it has to be the heat pump, fridge/freezer or power line network adapters.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast