+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky stream

I'm paul.

Default Sky stream

Anyone using sky stream. With bbc starting to shut down sd and me still so many steps behind and not even got sky+hd, I’m thinking to do away with satellite at home. I can still use the old sky box in the motor home and get enough channels without a card. Sky stream if it works well will be ideal for the lounge with another puck in the music room down the garden via the Ethernet cable. Anyone?
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm paul.

Sky stream kit arriving today. With sky stream and broadband at a faster speed than I currently have with talktalk at less than I’m paying now, plus I get sky in my music room. Was always a non starter with satellite and the dish too far away from the music room
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Brian.

Can you give me a breakdown of these services and costs please Paul (by PM). I'm fed up with Virginmedia and am waiting for their price increase email so I can tell them I want to cancel my contract.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm paul.

The basic tv package is £29, broadband is £41 I think. I don’t have the information to hand. Before I paid sky £32 and broadband with talktalk was £53.45 so a total of £85.45. Now I have free Netflix not that I’m interested in it and all sorts of crap I don’t want, with faster broadband for £70. Other than I don’t like the way it works it’s cheaper, faster and I get tv in the listening room down the garden via Ethernet cable and Wi-Fi.

I'm paul.

Btw I hate the way Virgin works but as you are familiar with it you might get on with sky stream

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Btw I hate the way Virgin works but as you are familiar with it you might get on with sky stream
    How do you mean how it works? The actual internet?

I'm Brian.

Thanks Paul, I'll have a look.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    How do you mean how it works? The actual internet?
    No the way virgin tv works and now the way sky works or doesn’t depending on how you feel about it. I’m starting to get to grips with stream but it’s not designed for watching live tv, more for catch up and all the other crap.

I'm Lawrence.

As in the guide, channel selection etc?

Sky at my mum's used to drive me mad. I can't remember what it was but it never seemed to do what I wanted when I wanted to find what was on the various channels and watch it (if that makes sense).

Maybe I'm just used to my BT box.

The other thing that annoys me is TVs that stop playing the sound when you go into the TV guide to see what else is on. It's like, I'm just browsing to see what's on but I still want to listen to this film or whatever as I might want to stick with it if there's nothing better on.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    As in the guide, channel selection etc?

Sky at my mum's used to drive me mad. I can't remember what it was but it never seemed to do what I wanted when I wanted to find what was on the various channels and watch it (if that makes sense).

Maybe I'm just used to my BT box.

The other thing that annoys me is TVs that stop playing the sound when you go into the TV guide to see what else is on. It's like, I'm just browsing to see what's on but I still want to listen to this film or whatever as I might want to stick with it if there's nothing better on.
    yes that’s irritating but then it’s more like a computer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast