+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tracking force gauge?

I'm simon.

all seems good. the digital scale has not arrived and decided to trust what i have done as i couldnt wait.
    i would like to say "i think the sound has improved", but may just be placebo.
    DIGITAL:flac/pc/foobar/wasapi>Chord Qutest> Frans' (Solderdude) headphone correction filter>Violectric V200>Senn HD650, Beyer DT1990
    >or Garage 1217 Project Ember (as pre)>Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10.
    ANALOGUE: Rega P8>Rega Aria> Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10

I'm openingabottleofwine.

That's good news. What you have done is perfectly acceptable - so just sit back and enjoy!
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Having set up tens of thousands of Rega arms since their inception, I would respectfully suggest that their calibration is as accurate as you would expect and certainly as accurate as any stylus gauge I have used, inc the Garrard SP3G. Sure you can check it but both the arm and the gauge will give the same results.

I don't know how many millions of RB arms Rega have manufactured but I'm pretty sure they would know if anything was amiss with their tracking force calibration.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Having set up tens of thousands of Rega arms since their inception, I would respectfully suggest that their calibration is as accurate as you would expect and certainly as accurate as any stylus gauge I have used, inc the Garrard SP3G. Sure you can check it but both the arm and the gauge will give the same results.

I don't know how many millions of RB arms Rega have manufactured but I'm pretty sure they would know if anything was amiss with their tracking force calibration.
    i have had 2 rega arms. neither were super far out but they were not accurate either. on rega''s side, neither were in any way new so may have been worn
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I doubt they were worn, they go on for ever but the tracking force might not have agreed completely with a stylus gauge. For all practical purposes they are accurate and super easy to use but for anyone who loses sleep over such things, they should be setting tracking force and bias by ear.

I'm Grant.

I doubt they were worn, they go on for ever but the tracking force might not have agreed completely with a stylus gauge. For all practical purposes they are accurate and super easy to use but for anyone who loses sleep over such things, they should be setting tracking force and bias by ear.
    i'll bow to your inside knowledge david... can only give my experiences.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm simon.

surely that depends on the ability of that ear??
    DIGITAL:flac/pc/foobar/wasapi>Chord Qutest> Frans' (Solderdude) headphone correction filter>Violectric V200>Senn HD650, Beyer DT1990

I'm Dave.

Exactly, which is why you see people and certain reviewers claiming that they can hear the effects of raising or lowering an arm a tenth of a mm. If you are enjoying it, then all is good.

I'm simon.

Exactly, which is why you see people and certain reviewers claiming that they can hear the effects of raising or lowering an arm a tenth of a mm. If you are enjoying it, then all is good.
    cant argue with that .

i assume , from what you are saying that although, Rega specify a 1.75g tracking force there is a considerable +/- tollerance?

I'm Dave.

I wouldn't say "considerable' but don't lose sleep over it. I wouldn't go lower than the recommended because you don't want any mistracking which can damage your precious records but if you need to go heavier then do it in small steps until you get the desired result.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast