+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Torquay this month

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The last photo was taken on Middle Street? Is the RNLI shop still there?

I will point out that you were lucky the tide was in, as it smells less.
    Did you get up to Berry head? Nice views from there on a Sunny day.
    Yes, we went into the RNLI shop, bought a windchime, charming little place.

Never went to Berry head, was a bit murky in any case and trying to rain.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Brixham will always be remembered for holidays when very young, there is always an attraction with a coastal town, particularly as we live in the midlands.

However I don't think I could live in a popular coastal town and cope with the large holiday influx.
    You wouldn't like St. Ives then, that was chaos.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Agreed. I went there years ago (at least 40) and was disappointed to see all the picturesque roads despoiled by ugly, but necessary, double yellow lines.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

im not the tourist type i have to say and don't like going places just to see them. dunno why either, but i really hate that for myself. i did go as wife loved it etc so just grinned and bore it.
    oddly ive not really changed and now im a fully fledged single, i still don't like it much but at least ive not got someone pushing me; or should that be, alas ive no-one pushing me. my daughter is the complete opposite and just loves new places.
    but i will say i like seeing and hearing about others' doing said trips so enjoy the pics and chat.
    Last edited by struth; 20-02-2023 at 20:20.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It's always chaos there during summer, I avoid the place (and any other spots the packs of holidaymakers head for) when I'm down that way. Plenty of nice other places in Cornwall that don't get too overwhelmed.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's always chaos there during summer, I avoid the place (and any other spots the packs of holidaymakers head for) when I'm down that way. Plenty of nice other places in Cornwall that don't get too overwhelmed.

Let me know the quiet places Geoff and we may head back to Cornwall having stayed away for the last 15 years since it became unbelievably busy.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Let me know the quiet places Geoff and we may head back to Cornwall having stayed away for the last 15 years since it became unbelievably busy.
    We like to visit here. Porthtowan, north Cornwall. About 7 miles from Redruth. All you have there is a pub, a couple of eating places, a couple of shops, and a great beach quite popular with surfers and some really nice coastal walks.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Kevin.

I spent a lot of time on the North coast of Cornwall, starting in my teenage years, surfing at the beaches between Constantine Bay and Sennen Beach.

It is a lovely area, especially out of season.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

IMO All seaside destinations are best visited 'out of season'.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    IMO All seaside destinations are best visited 'out of season'.
    when younger i almost always went to blackpool out of season. competely different town
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast