+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Torquay this month

I'm Steve.

I like Poole, I could live there if I was less poor. Strange place, everyone is either young, or old. Not many in between.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I like Poole, I could live there if I was less poor. Strange place, everyone is either young, or old. Not many in between.
    Worked in Poole for about 10 years, big building right in the centre and bought my first house in Poole, a long time ago now.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm James.

I remember a place called Sandbanks down that way and the house prices were astronomical then so god knows what they are now?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I remember a place called Sandbanks down that way and the house prices were astronomical then so god knows what they are now?
    They go for silly money, many millions. I heard that Sandbanks properties are the dearest in Britain, outside of London. Ex-football manager harry Rednapp lived there, did a TV series called "My Sandbanks Summer". They also make luxury yachts down there (Sunseeker) which sell for lottery-win kind of money.

This one seems quite cheap, but then it is four years old:

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/yacht/2...yacht-8676134/

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Sorry if my comments gave offence Roy, they were just referencing an episode of Fawlty Towers, just a bit of fun. The beach looks a bit bleak though, and is only saved by the inclusion of your extreme handsomeness
    Wasn’t your post Steve and Jimbo get you now and apologies for a bit of an overreaction, was struggling with hotel WiFi and phone signal for data wasn’t great. Anyway Brixham was nice

And a last shot of ‘Torquaydova’

I'm Steve.

Torquay's beach looks better in that last pic. We didn't get to south Devon last summer, went straight from Bournemouth and Poole up to Newquay then Bude. Going to a concert at Cardiff Castle in June, then might do a bit of Somerset. Or maybe not, the sea is very brown there, and anyway I've never seen any of south Wales. Tenby is supposed to be nice to visit.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Alan.

Brixham will always be remembered for holidays when very young, there is always an attraction with a coastal town, particularly as we live in the midlands.

However I don't think I could live in a popular coastal town and cope with the large holiday influx.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

As long as you enjoyed your visit Roy, that is all that matters.
    Thanks Barry.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What watch(es) are you wearing for the occasion Roy?
    Took four analogue automatics and two g shocks.

Just the six watches for four days

I'm Kevin.

The last photo was taken on Middle Street? Is the RNLI shop still there?

I will point out that you were lucky the tide was in, as it smells less.
    Did you get up to Berry head? Nice views from there on a Sunny day.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast