+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a rumour ?

I'm Steve.

For a long time I would have said WYWH, but I've played it to death over the years. So I'd probably say Animals. Atom Heart Mother I liked, as much as I like marmalade, but I've not heard it in 30 years and need to get myself a copy.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Default Just a rumour ?

2 of the 2023 Boxset remastered tracks are available on Tidal, no doubt be on the other streaming services too if you want a listen. No doubt the Waters re-recorded tracks will be available soon.

https://tidal.com/album/275342025

I'm Steve.

I have never wanted to or attended a Roger Waters gig because of hid leanings more towards politics than music. More an activist nowadays than a musician. I find it difficult to believe that such an intelligent man would make such uneducated remarks about the rest of his former band mates in the press as he did recently. In my view he was misquoted by the toxic element of the press. He is an angry man without a doubt but he has to realize that some of his comments are going to be inflammatory. He is kidding himself if he thinks otherwise. To re-record DSOTM upon its 50th anniversary is nothing more than musical terrorism and i don't like hime for it.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Musical terrorism? I'll have to think about that.

Yes, Roger Waters is becoming increasingly bitter and political, but that is no reason why he cannot express his views in music. What about the songs of Phil Ochs? - they are highly political.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Never had any interest in a musician's political views. if they make good music then I'll buy it and listen to it.

Anything they do or say outside of music has zero interest for me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Never had any interest in a musician's political views. if they make good music then I'll buy it and listen to it.

Anything they do or say outside of music has zero interest for me.
    Yup, me too

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

1. Another vote for Wish You Were Here.
    2. I imagine that I'd find most of my musical heroes objectionable if I got to know them. As long as they don't cross any red lines of indecency towards other human beings then I ignore their day to day political views.

Pete

PS actually my second point forgot that I detest Ted Nugent with every fibre of my being.
    Last edited by Pete The Cat; 10-03-2023 at 10:37. Reason: Added PS

I'm Mike.

A friend of mine has a cabin next to Ted Nugents ranch, let's just say he's not a fan either.

Me, I love his early music especially the early albums , I don't pay attention to his views, he doesn't pay attention to mine either
    Last edited by mikeyb; 10-03-2023 at 19:25.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12