+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spendor SP1

I'm Stuart.

Default Spendor SP1

Thinking about getting a pair of the above.
    Believe I’m correct in saying that the tweeter is a Celestion HF1300 with a Coles super tweeter for all the high frequencies.
    Would anyone one know if the woofers (bextrene cone?) are prone to failure, etc and how difficult is would be to source a replacement?
    Thanks.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Spendor SP1

Hi, sorry for delay in spotting this. Yes, HF1300 tweeters, Cole’s super tweeters and I don’t believe there are any known issues with the woofers, unlike others. Mine must be 40 years old and still going strong, and if you like the BBC type sound they are a fabulous listen.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Lawrence.

I think I read that the earlier BC1 had a weaker woofer (the AlNiCo ones?) that didn't like to be driven hard but not read anything about the SP1

+ Reply to Thread