+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LEAK Stereo 130 or?

I'm Horacio.

Default LEAK Stereo 130 or?

Hello,

I no longer have the time to listen to music at leisure so I am getting rid of my separates. I have been planning to buy a used Meridian 551. However, I recently found out that LEAK makes an integrated with a phono section, looks like the successor of the old Delta 70 but made in China.

I'll pair it with my Devons, Ray Clark's 401, Phonomac's Ortofon AS-212 and Meridian 508. I still think that the 551 may be a better choice. There is also a PS Audio Sprout 100 but we are talking American sound.

Cheers,

Horacio
    Last edited by F575M; 05-02-2023 at 16:55.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by F575M View Post
    I no longer have the time to listen to music at leisure so I am getting rid of my separates. I have been planning to buy a used Meridian 551. However, I recently found out that LEAK makes an integrated with a phono section, looks like the successor of the old Delta 70.
    The LEAK 130 has nothing to do with the old British Leak products, apart from copying a bit of styling. I think IAG are involved.

My choice would be the Meridian 551, it's a good amp and well liked by owners. Very well made too (quite fancy one myself and I don't say that about many amps).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Leak is now indeed, part of the IAG group. The styling is similar to the original Leak amps but the internals are modern and designed here in the UK. They are very nice amps and naturally, very similar to the new Quad designs.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It gets good reviews: https://theaudiophileman.com/stereo-...r-review-leak/ , but I try to eschew anything that is made in China.
    Barry

I'm Chris.

THe future IS Chinese! Read about the Silk Road......
    Could always find an original Leak 20? (Upgraded.)
    Chris.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    THe future IS Chinese! Read about the Silk Road......
    Could always find an original Leak 20? (Upgraded.)
    Silk Road? Or the Belt and Road Initiative?

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The LEAK 130 has nothing to do with the old British Leak products, apart from copying a bit of styling. I think IAG are involved.

My choice would be the Meridian 551, it's a good amp and well liked by owners. Very well made too (quite fancy one myself and I don't say that about many amps).
    To be honest i I think there are better options than the 501 or 551 in integrated form. Just saying some more research might pay dividends

+ Reply to Thread