+ Reply to Thread

Thread: deadgrateful - New to The Art of Sound in Jan 2023

I'm Pete.

Default deadgrateful - New to The Art of Sound in Jan 2023

Where to start - Hi everyone,
    I have followed many audio forums over the decades & have been listening to & collecting music since the mid 60s, I discovered Live music worked best for me. I followed local bands around local pubs & clubs when I was old enough (more or less) & then any band I fancied up & down the country.

I discovered Radford valve amps quite early on through a friends friend who ran a small P.A. company with his brother he also had a pair of Tannoy silvers in GRF cabinets + Ortofon SL15E - That changed my life!
    So my first real system was Sta15's into GRF's with a Decca London Export which I still have, I have several systems these days in different rooms my other big system is Quad 510's into La Scala's + Ortofon Spu which I've had for over 35 years, Various Dacs & Pre Amps - Its all about the music though, I have a huge collection of various music, I started trading tapes with Americans of live Aud/Sbd pre hiatus Grateful Dead + Garcia Band that was in the late seventies I still play tapes & listen to music most of the time, Reggae & African/World Music is another long term collection.
    When things went Digital a computer soon became my main music source Dacs followed when they became available & I still trade Live Music in America.

My other main interest is electronics/audio & I was a friend of Tom Fletcher at the beginning before the Dais was born.

I look forward to receiving help or advise should I need it & if I can help/give an opinion to anyone I will be happy to chip in if I can.

For anyone who has never heard of Sierra Ferrell try utube & see what you think.

Regards deadgrateful

I'm Alan.

Hi Pete, welcome. Another midlander here.

Interesting history and gear you have. I have been in electronics all my career and really started audio design round about 2000.
    Join in and enjoy the forum,

Cheers,
    Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Pete.

Interesting audio history you have had Pete. The Ortofon SL15E was the first moving coil cartridge I used, followed by a Decca. I still have them both, along with other samples. The Radford STA15 III came later in my audio career after two pairs of Quad valve sets; talking of which, I now use a pair of Quad 510s in my current system.

Admire your wide ranging taste in music - I'm a big fan of World music (stupid classification, all music is 'world music', just of a different time and place.

So have a good look around the Forum and if you see anything that interests you join in. We don't bite!
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Pete. Welcome to AOS.

You have some nice choices in equipment and music.

Join in the chat, everybody here is friendly and there's plenty going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm mick.

Welcome, from another long time Radford user.
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

+ Reply to Thread