+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NAD 9300 Cartridge

I'm Pau.

Default NAD 9300 Cartridge

I swear there used to be "post pics of your carts" thread...

Recently won this on eBay and had it shipped without fuss from USA with eBay's Global Shipping Program. I thought I'd post it in case anyone was interested. Probably not sought after enough to be "rare," and not esoteric enough to be unique, but certainly a little bit peculiar.

These were made by ADC for NAD, and they're very much what you'd expect. High compliance cartridge, made alongside and similar to the XLM carts.

When I bought my turntable (Dual 505-1) it came with a NAD 9200 fitted, and that cartridge suits the ultra light tonearm well. In the meantime, I've always kept an eye on eBay for styli, and since then I've somehow managed to pick up a few spare 9200 cartridges, which seem to come up for sale more often than NOS styli, which makes a lot of sense.

I've always wanted to upgrade if possible to the 9300, but to be honest, I wasn't always convinced there was a huge amount of difference (I've always suspected that the main difference was in the styli which are interchangeable at any rate, 9200 had a diasa, 9300 a nude).

This came up at a good price, so I went for it. It arrived and luckily, it even has an original 9300 stylus which also seems to be in pretty good shape.

Got it mounted and it sounds great! I have the flat to myself this evening and I'm getting the chance to listen at proper volumes. If nothing else, it certainly looks pretty!

Next thing will probably be a Jico shibata stylus...

I'm Geoff.

I'd expect them to sound good. ADC cartridges are rather nice.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have several ADC carts in my collection, but none of them ever came in such nice cases, and with individual pen plots. Well done!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread