+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Not so much taking the plunge with a 2M Bronze...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lawton View Post
    I've never seen the point of getting upset about someone else's opinions about music and avoid such discussions like the plague - same reason I haven't listened to music radio for well over fourteen years...why sit and listen to someone else's choice of (inevitably unsatisfactory) sounds?

Good example - before I knocked Facebook on the head completely about this time last year, I was witness to a discussion between disgruntled Radio 2 listeners, after the BBC announced that the station wouldn't be playing anything from before 1970. Nonsense like "They're taking away our heritage" (I kid you not) was spouted.

I pointed out that a) music from the 1960s (and as late as 1970) is as irrelevant to the here and now as a 1917 recording of "It's A Long Way To Tipperary" would have been when Radio 1 kicked off in 1967 and b) if these "heritage" recordings from the '60s and '70s were so dear to them, why in all that time had they not bought them, allowing them to be played at any time they liked?

And that's why I avoid the "it's bollocks"/"no, it's not and your mom stinks of kippers" musical discussions. Utterly pointless.

I dread to think what the Discogs forums are like...I only ever use the site for hunting down something I'm after. It's now my main procurement source.
    Excellent post there Phil. Well said!
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i remember chirpy chirpy cheep cheep being no1 in front of i think if memory is right.. brown sugar one of the iconic hits that never made it to no 1
    I just loved it when Joe Dolce "Shaddap Your Face" prevented Ultravox's "Vienna" from reaching No.1.
    Barry

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Just had a sample listen on Qobuz of Omni Trio - Rogue Satellite album and it is rather good IMO, if you like electronic, which is a mix of ambient and Drum n' Bass on some tracks it will appeal, rather good I think. Also If I Could Fly (LTJ Bukem's Roll It Mix) is pretty good as well.

Also found some LTJ Bukem, "Flip the Narrative" and The James Bond Theme (feat. LTJ Bukem) on David Arnold - "Shaken And Stirred" album, an interesting take on James Bond music with some famous participants.
    'Rogue Satellite' is a fine album (the track "Red Shift" is a standout for me), but never released on vinyl, unfortunately.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Just had a sample listen on Qobuz of Omni Trio - Rogue Satellite album and it is rather good IMO, if you like electronic, which is a mix of ambient and Drum n' Bass on some tracks it will appeal, rather good I think. Also If I Could Fly (LTJ Bukem's Roll It Mix) is pretty good as well.

Also found some LTJ Bukem, "Flip the Narrative" and The James Bond Theme (feat. LTJ Bukem) on David Arnold - "Shaken And Stirred" album, an interesting take on James Bond music with some famous participants.
    And if you liked 'Rogue Satellite', Adrian, have a listen to these - "Journey Inwards" by Bukem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Y2nnQWRvA
    and "In Too Deep" by JMJ & Flytronix - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZixU_l52Qs

Also, Omni Trio's 'Skeleton Keys' album is rather fab.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lawton View Post
    And if you liked 'Rogue Satellite', Adrian, have a listen to these - "Journey Inwards" by Bukem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Y2nnQWRvA
    and "In Too Deep" by JMJ & Flytronix - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZixU_l52Qs

Also, Omni Trio's 'Skeleton Keys' album is rather fab.
    thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345