+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not so much taking the plunge with a 2M Bronze...

I'm Phil.

Default Not so much taking the plunge with a 2M Bronze...

...As being pushed into the pool.

My wonderful other half bought me the 2M Bronze cartridge for Christmas. You could have knocked me down with the proverbial feather. All done with minimal questioning of me and a heap of research online of which I was totally unaware. She's a real one-off.

Installed last weekend...staggering difference 'twixt that and the 2M Blue it replaced. The soundstage has taken on an almost supernatural quality; for instance, the backing vocals on the Japanese pressing of Steely Dan's 'Gaucho' - especially the track "Babylon Sisters" - seem to extend beyond the wall behind the speakers. The three dimensional illusion of the music is just incredible.

The Bronze takes my main passion of liquid drum 'n' bass in its stride, too. Forme's "New Element" is all-enveloping, while Omni Trio's "Twin Town Karaoke (Guardians Of Dalliance Mix)" feels like getting kidnapped by a groove. LTJ Bukem's "Moodswings" is immense - its already heart-stopping bottom end is crafted and sculpted by the Bronze onto yet another level.

If you've ever (as I did for years) ummed and aahed about switching, then I can't recommend it enough. I just can't wait to see how my other half plans to top it for next Christmas (although I did think I should make more cooing noises about Michell turntables...what d'yer reckon?).

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Wow! Now that's what I call generous. And all done with the minimum of questioning. Look after her - she is as you say "a real one-off".

(BTW What did you buy for her?)
    Barry

I'm Steve.

[QUOTE=Phil Lawton;1338079

I just can't wait to see how my other half plans to top it for next Christmas.[/QUOTE]

A 2M Black stylus? (they share the same cartridge body) Only kidding, the Black may be Ortofon's top MM cartridge, but the bronze will I'm sure run it pretty damn close, and give more sound per pound. A Gyrodec (if that's what you mean) would make a nice pressie, and definitely has the WAF appeal - you've got 11 months to build up some brownie points, then you never know... your missus sounds like a keeper

Nice avatar btw, of one of my favourite albums. Drum sounds at the end played loud are just epic
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Wow! Now that's what I call generous. And all done with the minimum of questioning. Look after her - she is as you say "a real one-off".

She seemed to be overjoyed with the new set of saucepans I got her.

No...not really...I value my own mortality too highly.

A crap load of skin care stuff, expensive chocolate, enough speciality hot chocolate give the entire population of Belgium type two diabetes, a £150 bottle of 15 year old rum and a night away in North Wales, which (as everybody knows and if there ever was such a being...which there isn't) is God's own country.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

What is your avatar Phil? I ought to recognise it, but I don't.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Hurriedly made her a nice pendant from a 2M Bronze stylus guard and a piece of string

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    A 2M Black stylus? (they share the same cartridge body) Only kidding, the Black may be Ortofon's top MM cartridge, but the bronze will I'm sure run it pretty damn close, and give more sound per pound. A Gyrodec (if that's what you mean) would make a nice pressie, and definitely has the WAF appeal - you've got 11 months to build up some brownie points, then you never know... your missus sounds like a keeper

Nice avatar btw, of one of my favourite albums. Drum sounds at the end played loud are just epic
    Yeah...from what I've read, the Bronze hits more listener sweet spots than the Black. I might yet dabble, mind.

The Gyrodec is indeed what I was thinking of...and, happily, she loves the look of them. Job half done, innit.

"Nice avatar btw, of one of my favourite albums. Drum sounds at the end played loud are just epic" - you mean the track "Stagger"...yes, the drums are rather fab...lovely dark, inner city sadness vibes to that cut. Great album...happy to have seen them live twice.

I'm Phil.

What is your avatar Phil? I ought to recognise it, but I don't.
    Underworld's 'Second Toughest In The Infants'.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lawton View Post
    She seemed to be overjoyed with the new set of saucepans I got her.

No...not really...I value my own mortality too highly.

A crap load of skin care stuff, expensive chocolate, enough speciality hot chocolate give the entire population of Belgium type two diabetes, a £150 bottle of 15 year old rum and a night away in North Wales, which (as everybody knows and if there ever was such a being...which there isn't) is God's own country.
    Well the people of North Wales know that, the rest of us just wonder why their road signs have to be so wordy

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Hurriedly made her a nice pendant from a 2M Bronze stylus guard and a piece of string
    No, no, no...I splashed out on a brown leather shoelace. The colours compliment each other a treat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast